Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dunkirk (Christopher Nolan, July 21st 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

There is almost nothing there. People are filling in the blanks.

2. DoseofTerror

Regular

All theses "ooo's" and "ahhh's" are some of the most unwarranted praises I've seen in a while.

3. Davjs

Trusted

I don't think people are down on Nolan because he was getting praised, if anything I think he got a pass with Interstellar because it was him that did it. I can only imagine the reviews if Snyder had directed it lol. I can't understand the need to put in M. Night Shyamalan type twists in his last two films but for me that made me weary of this. I'll give it a shot for sure though

Your Milkshake likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm personally awaiting the day someone decides to tackle All Quiet on the Western Front. Which is kind of on topic in the sense that I think this barrier you're talking about is only breached by remaking a classic work of film or literature.

joe727 likes this.
  5. But he didn't do that ...

6. Davjs

Trusted

The twists at the end of TDKR may not be as bad as an M Night ending but I'd argue a serious space exploration movie suddenly having the main character travel through time with the power of love into his kids bookcase to haunt her wristwatch and tap out the secrets of gravity in morris code is over ridiculous. Just like M Night, who would have been proud

I Am Mick likes this.
  7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Advanced beings constructing a device that allows a man to experience time as a fourth dimension in a way he comprehends didn't seem that ridiculous to me tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Jason Tate Aug 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2016)
    Neither are "twists." And no one traveled through time by the power of love. Also wasn't "Morse" code. Also wasn't secrets of gravity that were passed ...

9. It's not even that ridiculous, it's actually proposed by many physicists as possible.

fenway89 and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also, was that not instantly obvious?

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Sometimes I really miss the almighty ban hammer...

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't visited Interstellar since it disappointed me in theaters but didn't they state that only love is the only quantifiable thing or something to that effect and that's how he gets behind the bookshelf? Also isn't what Merph is trying to solve the gravitational equation? I know I summed it up to make it sound stupid for comedic effect but I'm pretty sure all of that is in the movie. The "Aha! Matthew McConaughey's character being the ghost behind the bookshelf the whole time" thing is a twist lol, even if it is scientific.

13. One of the most awe-inspiring experiences I've had was seeing Interstellar in IMAX. I love that movie.

14. DoseofTerror

Regular

You love the movie as in story/characters, or the experience getting your eyes and ears assaulted for 2 plus hours?

15. Story, themes, McConaughey's performance, visuals, music, cinematography, the ambition of the filmmaking process, the ideas it played with. And seeing it in 70mm IMAX was a sight to behold for me.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

I didn't realize people hated Interstellar this much.

17. Stop this nonsense.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

The most disappointing score ever. Instead of the classic Han Zimmer we wanted, we got deafing organ sounds that never ended.

I'd say it's one of those films that people either love or hate.

19. The score was also very good.

fenway89, coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  20. flask

Trusted Supporter

That organ was tight. I, for one, loved having my senses "assaulted" for 2+ hours.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I feel so left out when people get passionate about Interstellar because I liked it, but didn't love it, but definitely didn't hate it. Is there a table for people who merely enjoyed it? lol.

I will say that the visuals were great in IMAX, and I liked Murph a lot.

Adrian Villagomez and SpyKi like this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm sort of in this boat. I just found Interstellar to have a lot of good things mixed in with a lot of not-so-great stuff

23. Nolan's movies often have some plot/logic issues and underwritten characters that need to be built up through the actors' performances rather than the script, so I'd understand people not loving them in that regard.

24. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Lol Interstellar hyperbole is ridic. "ears assaulted" for 2 hours lol, what an asshat

FTank and Jason Tate like this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Interstellar was good for what is was. A fun space film. The ending was the best part imo. I enjoyed it, other than getting a little dizzy.