Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dunkirk (Christopher Nolan, July 21st 2017) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 4, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got to see this. Was really happy to get to see it on a big screen because this was obviously a visual experience.

The scene on the bridge was incredible.

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. half hour "Making Of" featurette.

kidwithhelmet and Jason Tate like this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

commenting so I can remember to watch this later

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Just nabbed Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

which?

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I edited my post. Sound editing and sound mixing

fenway89 and I Am Mick like this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Was hoping Blade Runner would get em, but this is arguably the next best thing

fenway89 likes this.
  8. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

This movie deserves those honestly

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess. Virtually any other year it'd be a clear favorite of mine

fenway89 likes this.
  10. Connor

Yeah. I just think that out of all the things that movie does well, the sound in that movie was insanely good

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd drink to that

airik625 and fenway89 like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

And now it's won Film Editing

13. Connor

Honestly out of the nominees i think Christopher Nolan and Greta Gerwig were the two who deserved best director most

incognitojones and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Warner Bros. Pictures Celebrates 50 Years of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, Warner Bros. Pictures will debut an ‘unrestored’ 70mm print of the director’s groundbreaking science fiction epic at the 71st annual Cannes Film Festival. Widely considered among the greatest films of the 20th century, 2001: A Space Odyssey will return to select U.S. theatres in 70mm beginning May 18, 2018.

Set for Saturday, May 12, the world premiere will be held during the Cannes Classics section of the Festival, featuring an introduction by award-winning filmmaker Christopher Nolan. The screening will also be attended by members of Stanley Kubrick’s family, including his daughter, Katharina Kubrick, and longstanding producing partner and brother-in-law, Jan Harlan.

For the first time since the original release, this 70mm print was struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative. This is a true photochemical film recreation. There are no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits.

This is the unrestored film that recreates the cinematic event audiences experienced 50 years ago.

A longtime admirer of the late American auteur, Nolan worked closely with the team at Warner Bros. Pictures throughout the mastering process.

Wasn't sure where else to put this. but this is very cool.

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I wish film was used more often than digital nowadays

fenway89 likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Wow. I really hope I get to catch that somewhere, that’s incredible. I was able to see an original 35mm print of Clockwork Orange and it was very cool. This would be truly something else

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've never seen 2001. I've been holding out to see it for the first time on the big screen because there's always a screening at least once a year in my area. But for like four years straight I've had something come up and haven't been able to make it. Gotta catch it this time around.

coleslawed, fenway89 and Dodger like this.
  18. Comparison between archival footage and the film. So cool.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

All that's being said is that this is an "event film." Though what film of his in the last ten years hasn't been that?

Davjs and a nice person like this.
  22. As a huge fan of Nolan's, all his films are "event films" for me lol. I don't get the distinction, though. The fact that he takes years in between releases probably contributes to that categorization as well.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

More ~blockbustery~ I guess? Looking forward to the Zimmer score.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe it's a fool's errand to get caught up in some verbiage. That's my bad

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Very curious to see what he does next. Hope Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy are in it.

coleslawed and Connor like this.