Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dunkirk (Christopher Nolan, July 21st 2017) Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 4, 2016.

1. I think so? It's been a while for me. At the very least, you may get a Star Wars teaser if you see it in 70mm IMAX.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

would make sense, Rogue One in Imax had that Dunkirk clip ahead of it i think that was the only "trailer" we got with that.

Joe likes this.
  3. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I can't stand this nonsense. On a Christopher Nolan fan forum I sometimes frequent tons of the posters were constantly talking about being worried about "Harry Styles' teenage fangirls" ruining the movie for them. I mean what makes these people feel like their Nolan fandom is somehow superior to young female fans of Styles. I dunno, I'm glad I didn't see any of that at my showing. I probably would have ended up in an argument with the guy.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Chris Nolan grown fanboys are worse anyway

5. Was it Mike Pence?

Davjs, nchlsnwtn, GrantCloud and 4 others like this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Just saw this, gorgeous film but I was honestly yawning in parts

7. Connor

I don't get how you could yawn in parts of this? This was action the entire time. Like there isn't a slow moment the whole movie.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Because I did?

fronkensteen likes this.
  9. Connor

But like, what was so boring to you that would cause you to yawn? You said it like a criticism, so I'm just wanting you to expound on it, I'm just interested in your opinion!

Kevin360 likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This was quite good. Appreciated the structural approach a lot.

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU THINK

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  12. DarkHotline

What's there really to say, I just felt parts of the movie were a little boring. If I had to nitpick, some of the dialogue scenes is what got me. The acting really wasn't all that spectacular throughout and it lead to some stiff dialogue in my opinion.

13. Connor

Well ya lost me there. To each their own

14. DarkHotline

I mean aside from that, I enjoyed it. Some of the battle scene were impressive and there are some truly breathtaking shots throughout the film.

15. Garrett

If you're coming to the Regal in Turkey Creek for this, figure I'd give you the head's up 70mm and IMAX are separate. Just saw it in the 70mm. Gorgeous.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Actually I'm headed to Opry Mills in Nashville early tomorrow morning. 11am showing. Haha.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Garrett

That's a damn nice theater, haha.

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Nice! Never been to that theatre. I was actually going to go to the one at Atlantic Station in Atlanta then realized it wasn't IMAX and cancelled.

19. Garrett

That theatre isn't IMAX? Damn. That's also a super nice one.

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's 70mm, but not IMAX unfortunately.

21. Didn't know if there was a 70mm screening of this near me or not and it's not that important to me so just decided to go see it in the standard format. Turns out the theater I went to has a showing of it in 40 min lol. Sitting here in this empty theater just waiting now

coleslawed likes this.
  22. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Was blown away. Instant tension from the get go and it just comes in waves throughout. Everything about this was stellar and I'm soooooo glad I was able to see this in IMAX. Worth every damn cent.

I'm sure it's been talked about but I loved how we never truly see the enemy.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The tension got me. Cause every time they bring u right there and ur like omg what's gonna happen and then they switch to another timeline character thing. but then I'd get equally as invested in that one. I liked it and id def watch it again but i probably wouldn't buy it or anything (this means nothing cause I haven't bought a movie in like 4 years lol)

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Completely loved this. Nolan's best since at LEAST Inception, possibly TDK

25. This was great. Very tense, and had no idea that there were going to be three storylines going on so that was a cool surprise. Love how concise it was too, really doesn't allow for a minute to get bored.

kidwithhelmet and Chris Yates like this.