Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dunkirk (Christopher Nolan, July 21st 2017) Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Haven't studied it much, don't we know exactly every person that was at Dunkirk? By name?

( I thought I read that's how specific they got with vehicles and planes too.)

fenway89 and Kevin360 like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This movie...is...historical...it's not a "guise", there is no trick being played, it's historical.

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably seeing this this afternoon. My question is, how loud was this? Mostly asking to @Zilla since he already saw this

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's loud at some points, but not unbearably like "Interstellar."

5. Dog with a Blog

It's the loudest movie I've had at work in a good while. Not a bad thing. Sound design seems pretty cool.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Got it, thanks man

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh shit. I'm planning to IMAX this one. I don't want to walk out of the theater with my ears ringing or anything

8. Dog with a Blog

It's nothing like Interstellar. Pretty sure that actually clipped lol. But honestly I think you'll be fine. My right ear has a hard time at concerts and it seemed fine in the little bits that I've seen that were loud.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The guise being the excuse for casting primarily white actors. This argument has been had before and people always fall back on films being "historical" as a reason why more actors of color don't get roles. That's silly

Aregala and CarpetElf like this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Regardless of the dumb convo about to pop off, I do want to see this

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Goddamn $22 a ticket. Was going to buy Splatoon but 3 tickets to this thing set me back just as much so I'm being a good boy and abstaining. Excited tho

12. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw this in 70mm last night and I'm still blown away by what I experienced. It wasn't just an experience, it was a survival.

coleslawed, Chris Yates and fenway89 like this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Did people beat you up the whole time?

jk I'm glad it ruled and I hope i survive

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope to catch this sometime this weekend.

15. drewinseries

Drew

4:00 Sunday IMAX showing can't come soon enough.

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  16. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Zimmer's score and the overall effects are the loudest ever. There's very minimal dialogue as well, just go into this film expecting an event because that's exactly what it is. I really need to see it again soon.

electro haikus and CarpetElf like this.
  17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Well this met my expectations. Probably exceeded them honestly. As someone who loves the film making process and the technical aspects of the art, this was just an absolute blast to watch. The craft displayed here is astounding. I firmly believe that the editing in this movie will be studied in film school from here on out. And Hoyte is just a brilliant DP. I'm gonna go again today I think.

18. konop88

I am not what I seem

liked Interstellar (not that it blew my mind, but it was really good), and your reviews make me want to see this too, though I wasn't very much inspired by the teasers. Pencil in the next week

19. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Its not the kind of movie that translates to a good teaser or trailer. Honestly i'm surprised the trailers were as good as they were cause there wasn't a good way to convey the movie.

konop88 and kidwithhelmet like this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

saw this last night. I think I was more "whelmed" than most people in here, but wouldn't say I disliked it or anything. I've never been a big war film person though unless the filmmaker really does something innovative within the form. Maybe it'll grow on me more, I think my expectations were maybe (albeit probably unfairly) too high for it.

As always, enjoyed Reverse Shot's take: Dunkirk

21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

s/o Mark Rylance tho :heart:

fenway89 likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Methinks I shouldn't run into any problems if I see this movie in IMAX w/ earplugs. I'll probably still hear the film clear as a bell too

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugh of course some guy had to make a show of changing his seat claiming he wanted to get away from the teenage girls. They weren't even doing anything. They were literally just sitting there quietly but okay!!

AndrewSoup, SpyKi, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  24. I thought this was incredible. Masterclass filmmaking from Nolan, Hoytema, and crew. Need to see it in 70mm IMAX.

fenway89 and Chris Yates like this.
  25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I've never been to a 70mm IMAX showing. Do they show previews before the movie?