Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i think we still might. it's extremely late in the year and was always planned on being the big prestige end of year blockbuster. maybe they push it back, but i think we'll still get it

and if anything, it'll clean up more at the oscars than expected before

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I just fear the other films getting pushed to Nov/Fall that they might move this to March/April.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I really hope we still get it.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It was long since done with production. If they could finish post remotely (which is certainly possible), there’s a chance it could be finished in time for its release date. Only problem there would then be whether it needed any reshoots. Also, just because it’s ready for its release date doesn’t mean it’s going to come out. They’re not going to release it if the theaters aren’t open yet still.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

*looks at release date: December 18th, 2020*

*cries*

Mrplum5089 and CarpetElf like this.
  6. Anthony_

I would be prepared for this to not be fully over until early next year at the earliest, barring some miracle cure being discovered.

phaynes12 and CarpetElf like this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah theaters not opening at all the rest of this year would be crazy

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That photo might be a crumb but it is the crumb that I needed to keep going. Need a trailer so bad.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Seriously can’t wait to see how vibrant and alive Arrakis will be compared to the Atredeis homeland

10. Ugh really hope this doesn't get pushed back.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I don't love it

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It reminds me of a TOOL album.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I quite like it

15. Anthony_

I wonder if they're going to drop a trailer soon? I feel like with the movie's release so far away, they might actually start trying to market it on the off chance that it actually still comes out on time.

16. Anthony_

Vanity Fair said they're going to post a deeper diver on the movie tomorrow.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

My guess is Dune either comes out as scheduled or it is moved to May. I imagine they’re going all or nothing on it at this point.

19. Anthony_

Like I said yesterday, it all depends on whether they needed to do reshoots or not first of all, and then whether the post-production work can be finished remotely second of all. There's a chance this movie isn't even done in time for December if they still needed to do literally any amount of reshoots, let alone the delay happening because movie theaters are still all closed.

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm gonna be mad if it's able to come out but they replace it with a Marvel movie or some shit

21. phaynes12

i’m less worried about the theaters not being open. i have to imagine every studio is coming up with a contingency plan for VOD since they can’t just delay everything indefinitely.

but the reshoots part is a very real concern

TJ Wells likes this.
  22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also apparently the Trolls release was surprisingly lucrative, it’s definitely weirdly gonna be seen as a huge test case. What a blah movie to be inadvertently historical.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

You'd have to think Trolls is lucrative because children are home from school...and people working from home are doing everything they can do entertain them.

Dune wouldn't have that kind of audience.

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean regardless, studios are still watching it super closely.

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

Dune is going to eat up the annual winter MCU/SW/blockbuster audience with nothing else in that space. You’re definitely fooling yourself if you don’t think this movie would have been huge in theaters, and will probably be huge if it goes to VOD at the same time, with nothing else coming out.

coleslawed likes this.