Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Why is the US release so far behind? Is that normal?

Cameron likes this.
  2. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Avoid the 3d btw. I feel like I was wearing shades through half the movie and it’s fairly dark.

kinda wanna see it again properly. Maybe even imax?!

coleslawed likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m 3/4 the book and trying to figure out when this movie will end

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

While I understand the reasoning somewhat, I’m still bummed that this is already out in a lot of the world and the US has to wait another full month. Seeing tons of discussion online and holding off on reading most of it.

Also, there’s cam rips out there… but this is a case where I’m gonna hold off. Tenet last year I caved only because my whole family was hard quarantining until the vaccine, and I would’ve had to wait til the VOD release. This time I can wait a month to experience it properly.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Why is out so early most places? The UK is a month away too.

6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Funny enough, most news outlets I just Googled about the matter indicate the reason for the staggered rollout probably has a lot to do with HBO Max. By releasing the movie in countries that don't have HBO Max first, they get to reap box office rewards from those countries before they release it on HBO Max here.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Just waiting on tickets to go on sale here in the UK. Pretty excited for it. I'll likely go to the IMAX for it.

8. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

can confirm no HBO Max in my country :/

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

thread summary: dune 2 looking more promising than it has in weeks’/months’ past

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My initial likelihood of a sequel happening has gone up from 75% to 80%

Also, I reallyyy want to listen to the soundtrack right now, but I think I'll wait to see the movie itself first

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like Legendary is owned by the same conglomerate who own many of China's theaters, the Wanda Group, so it should get a hugeee push in China, and therefore make a shit ton of money there

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Movie is tracking 52% ahead of Blade Runner 2049's initial release

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I’m still concerned at how HBO Max viewings will dent its domestic release earnings

thenewmatthewperry and beachdude like this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm gonna go 8 times.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

damn dont chafe ur worm

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finished the audiobook. That was fantastic. I might pick up a physical copy or rent it from the library if any are available. Probably going to watch the 1984 film as well even though I've only read bad things about it.

I'm thinking the end of Book II would be the most logical end point for the movie. Book III is maybe not enough entirely on its own to fill a 2 hour movie, but you could move some bits from Book II to the second movie like the Feyd-Ratha gladiator scene and build out the final battle to fill that time fully.

17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Feyd-Rautha isn't in this part at all apparently so I imagine we're going to get a LOT of Harkonnen stuff in Part II if it gets made. I also imagine Denis is going to expand on the time jump toward the end of the book a fair amount. But yeah just based on the trailer footage we've seen it looks like the movie will be ending more or less right around when Paul meets up with the Fremen led by Stilgar for the first time.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ahh yep, checking the casting and it doesn't look like anyone was cast as Feyd-Rautha the first movie.

There's definitely opportunity to expand on areas of the story post time-jump. More time with the Emperor, Fremen guerrilla attacks, and maybe even some Guerney with the smugglers, etc.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Riding a sand worm!

mescalineeyes likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Dune has made $76 million globally so far, and it hasn't even opened in it's two biggest markets yet, the US and China. I think a sequel is most certainly assured at this point

22. Anthony_

Until they’re actually on set and shooting I’m not taking anything for granted

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

beachdude and mescalineeyes like this.
  24. Anthony_

Only $200 million more to go for it to be profitable lol

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still yet to open in the US and China - this will be easy to make up

phaynes12 and beachdude like this.