Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

gonna attempt to read this for the first time before Oct 1.

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

love lotr. i actually threw on the beginning fotr last night and was compelled to google something that i never thought about before having not read the books

- after bilbos party, how did gandalf know that gollum told the mordor peeps about baggins with the ring at the shire? -

lo and behold it was a suggested search in the tool bar even

apparently in the books 17 years have passed between the party and before the they even had that information and gandalf was doing research that whole time on the ring and happened across gollum and cross interrogated him.

honestly that was alot to take in and consider lol and i have to wonder why?? its interesting how some of these things get adapted. not sure why id never noticed this before.

3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the gap between the party and when Frodo sets out is a huge gray area in the movies. Otherwise from the films perspective Frodo and Bilbo go a total of like 2 weeks between seeing each other haha

coleslawed likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really need to watch the LOTR movies, that's probably my number one biggest film blind spot

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Next time you've got a whole day free settle in.

coleslawed and tdlyon like this.
  6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

For me there’s nothing more comforting than sitting down and watching The Fellowship Of The Ring

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Best comfort movie is The Princess Bride

8. I'm catching the premiere tonight. Have no idea what's in store for me considering I know nothing about the source material or previous adaptations. Going to be fun.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Sooooooo what’d you think?! Hope you had fun!

beachdude likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Pssst….the extended editions are on HBO Max

12. I'm probably not going to provide much interesting insight, I fear. But let's try.

So, as someone who went in blind, I really liked it. I wasn't sure where it was going at first, and the exposition heavy first hour felt quite dense to me. I would have to find a full plot summary to get a wider understanding of the story, just to make sure I didn't miss anything important. That said, once the action kicked in, in a surprisingly hyper-violent way (to me, at least), I was on the edge of my seat and the rest of the runtime really flew by.

Something about it felt like I was watching a pilot, leaving me immediately wanting to see a follow-up. Another interesting observation was the amount of times I would think "Wait, this scene / exposition tidbit reminds me of this or that other piece of famous sci-fi media", only to wonder whether that's a testament to Dune's influence, considering it probably came first? I'm curious to find out if someone else had similar feelings.

My bad, I'm struggling to write more without really spoiling anything. I don't mind catching a second viewing asap, considering the film really got me so intrigued to dive into this world. I may try to borrow the books from my brother soon.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Great summation, you gave away literally nothing. Glad to hear you liked it, especially as you’re someone who didn’t know about the lore of Dune first. Gives me hope it’ll connect with general audiences

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

the score is up for streaming

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Did someone change the date overnight? My friend said it comes out the 22nd. I thought it was the 1st. Came back to the thread to see sure enough it said 22nd. Now it says first again!! lol I can’t keep up with these pandemic dates that keep shifting

riotspray likes this.
  17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

upload_2021-9-17_8-8-45.png

riotspray likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok last night the thread said 22nd it says 1st now

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I could have sworn it was the first. My entire year is ruined.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Or maybe just my morning.

thenewmatthewperry and Cameron like this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

god I’m so ready to watch this in theaters I feel like it’ll be a experience

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

If this movie isn't an example of why Imax exists, not sure what is

mescalineeyes likes this.
  23. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Too early to call this a modern classic?

Just got out of the theater and omg.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Soooo much longer until the US release