Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. No Rebecca furguson on that cover though

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think she's right at Jason Momoa's shoulder - it looks like she's pushing an invisible hood back off of her face. Above Thanos' left ear.

coleslawed and spiffa0 like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Is she a cat
    [​IMG]

4. Totally missed her lol

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

About halfway through the book right now, and this has probably been discussed to death so sorry, but since it will only be half the book, I assume everyone expects this movie to have way more in terms of fighting and spectacle when the initial attack happens? Considering how prominently they’ve been showing Momoa as Idaho, I was surprised to see that he’s barely in the book at all. Like there’s more talking *about* him than anything else lol

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Well the runtime should be a good 2 and 1/2 hours, so my theory is that the fighting clips we see in the trailer don't actually comprise that much of the film itself; I see it as the marketing team using that to get more hype and interest in the film. Knowing how big of a fan Denis is of Dune, and of his skills as a filmmaker, I don't see him wanting to showcase much more fighting onscreen than he has to. With this runtime he has plenty of time to flesh out all the important bits and elements from the first half, hopefully ending at the Water of Life scene

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah based on where this one will probably end, really it’s the second movie that would theoretically need a ton of embellishment, if it got made.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  8. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

If this movie cuts off where we all think it will, the hypothetical part two should just be like 30 minutes of worm stuff and a two hour fight.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

hey wanna do some worm stuff

SteveLikesMusic and RobbieBerns like this.
  10. Anthony_

I've been saying this for a while now but I imagine Denis is planning to expand upon the two year time jump that happens right after Alia is born. We'll see more of the Fremen raids on the Harkonnen spice mining operation, and we'll probably spend a decent amount of time developing Feyd-Rautha considering he doesn't appear to be in the first movie at all.

Because otherwise yeah it's just going to be like The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

coleslawed and tvck like this.
  12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Just finished reading this. Cautiously optimistic for the movie.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

16. I'm not watching a ten minute video on wondering if there is a much longer cut

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

You don't have to; it's posted there for those that want to

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

neo506, SpyKi, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Don’t believe him. Ferarri333SP broke into my home and forced me to watch that video.

20. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

21. Anthony_

feel like we’re all going to be saying the same stuff about Eternals in November

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Super deluxe limited edition making of book and soundtrack $600

Dune LE Final

upload_2021-8-14_18-48-46.png

"Director Denis Villeneuve (Blade Runner 2049, Arrival) will once more display his science fiction mastery when his much-anticipated adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune releases in late 2021 courtesy of Legendary Entertainment and Warner Bros..

Insight Editions has partnered with Dune’s executive producer Tanya Lapointe to share an insider's look at how Villeneuve and his team successfully adapted a legendary novel long thought unfilmable.

To celebrate this achievement, Insight Editions is offering a lavish Limited Edition version of The Art and Soul of Dune, written by Lapointe, exclusively available at www.insighteditions.com. Created with the same passion and exacting detail as Villeneuve’s hugely anticipated film, The Art and Soul of Dune: Limited Edition includes a variety of exclusive items personally crafted and overseen by the cast and crew.

● The first 700 copies will feature a signed and numbered signature card, individually inscribed by director Denis Villeneuve, author and executive producer Tanya Lapointe, stars Timothée Chalamet and Josh Brolin, and director of photography Greig Fraser. These copies will be available on a first come, first served basis.

● A Limited Edition version of The Art and Soul of Dune, featuring an exclusive cloth cover with ornate, foil-stamped Atreides and Harkonnen symbols.

● An exclusive companion volume titled simply Dune, featuring the candid and intimate on-set photography of Oscar-nominated director of photography Greig Fraser, accompanied by Josh Brolin’s personal perspective and recollections of the production. This volume, designed, custom printed, and hand bound with a variety of fine Japanese papers, provides an authentic and tactile experience that reflects the aesthetics of the film.

● A unique, cloth-bound reproduction of the Fremkit instruction booklet prop created for the movie, featuring 80 pages of exclusive unseen art from the film.

● Packaged in an elaborate deluxe clamshell case wrapped in saifu cloth featuring copper-stamped bespoke imagery based on the Bene Gesserit designs created for the movie.

This stunning and rare Limited Edition version of The Art and Soul of Dune is a worthy tribute to the craft and creativity of Dune’s cast and crew and will forever honor their achievement. Order your copy today, exclusively at https://insighteditions.com/dune-limited-edition/"

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter