Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is a great Dune trailer reaction video

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

About 4 hours left of the audiobook; what was particularly jarring was after the water ceremony, it started talking as if several years had passed, and that really confused me at first. I had to go on Wikipedia and read the story summary to realize it really does just stop after the ceremony and jumps forward several years, not really addressing anything that could have happened in those years, haha. Was it just years of back and forth raids between Paul/the Fremen and the Harkkonen, and therefore didn't need to be discussed? hahaha. This part of the story now is dragging a bit, so hopefully it picks up soon

RobbieBerns likes this.
  3. Maybevictor Nov 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 21, 2020)
    Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah so if i remember correctly it is pretty much implied that the time in between has Paul stepping in to his role as leader of the Fremen. They go on missions, build up their forces, etc.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

- One thing I also noticed is that, never throughout the book do they address HOW the spice makes everything go round; how it powers interstellar travel, and all the other things it's important for. We're essentially told that it's the most important thing, but not why

- When the story uses the term "universe", are they referring to just the galaxy itself? Or literally the entire known universe, with it's billions of galaxies?

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah this is correct. And I imagine part two of the movie will be expanding on this time period quite a bit.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude and Ferrari333SP like this.
  7. Hell yeah

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

man just give us it now.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

WOW

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Oh my fucking god yes

So glad I upgraded to a 4K tv this year

11. hedging their bets that it might be safer to go to theaters in October haha - this is still a movie I'd prefer to see in a theater but if it isn't safe I'm glad I don't have to wait through multiple delays

coleslawed, beachdude, SpyKi and 3 others like this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Torrent site activity is going to go through the roof next year

beachdude and neo506 like this.
  13. Anthony_

Yeah as long as it's safe I'll probably still go see all of those movies in the theater anyway, especially Dune, but that's great for the people who don't care about seeing them for the first time on a TV.

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah assuming I have taken the vaccine by the time any of those films have come out, I'll gladly see the film in the theater

15. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Is it true that part 2 won't get made if the first doesn't make more than its budget back?

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

RIP theatrical filmmaking.

If things are still as rough then as they are now, I’d love to get some friends together to rent out a showing at Cinemark to see this. But, if it’s on HBO Max simultaneously, I don’t know that I’d be able to. Which sucks, ‘cause this is something I really wanna see in a theatrical setting.

17. Anthony_

If it's still not safe to go to a theater in October 2021 I don't know if I'll still have my sanity so I'm banking on seeing this in the theater no matter what.

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

it’s really hard to say now what sort of metric they will be using to determine if these movies are deemed successful. Could be streams, could be new subscriptions, but both are super fuzzy KPIs as far as translating to dollar amount. Plus they have to expect a huge diminish in box office returns because of the convenience of streaming. It’s all super murky.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe by then, especially if you've had a vaccine yourself

20. Anthony_

Right, neither would i, that's what I'm saying. If for some reason it ISN'T safe by then, we've got some problems.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Until I’m literally, in that moment, in the process of being given a good vaccine, I refuse to be anything but pessimistic about the timeline of me personally getting it. I mean, have you seen America?

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

phaynes12, Tim and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Anthony_

phaynes12 likes this.
  24. atlas

Trusted

king shit

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. I can’t wait to watch it on HBO Max.