Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

There aren't even going to be theaters left to screen this in next October

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

also that pretty much guarantees Batman will be delayed again

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Well...that is 100% a good move but also just from a pure "I am dying to see this movie" standpoint it sucks quite a lot.

If this shit isn't over by next October, well, I don't really know what I'll do.

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Wow that’s a huge delay but I’m fine with it

5. real talk.

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I might actually be able to finish the book before seeing the movie now.
    I’m... such a slow reader :(

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I just downloaded the Audible audiobook version, so I hope to get through it in the next few months

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

well done by them

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Now that this has moved, I don’t think there’s anything else I’d be eager to see on a big screen until, like, mid 2021? Other than Nomadland.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Figured this wasn't coming out in December but I'm so fucking sad it's a full year

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Part 2 isn’t going to come out until like 2026, if it ever does at all

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

people have been hypothesizing this would be the biggest box office film of 2020 since the third quarter of last year.

i don’t see any reason it would be different in 2021 with basically the same slate

TJ Wells likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

With the universal cast, widely beloved book, huge respected director and legendary crew behind it, it definitely has the chance.

seeing it has twice as many views on YouTube for the trailer than the Batman does is what really made me think it had it.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I still think this has a good chance to be a big flop like Blade Runner 2049 was but I'm hoping I'm wrong

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Can we change the title, it hurts to see

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

done :tear:

18. GBlades

Trusted

I do not like how every film is now taking the New Mutants approach to release.

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I bet this long delay will allow Denis to get some extra work into the film he otherwise wouldn't have had. And especially with WB and their marketing team, this will give them tonssss more time to work out a strategy to generate waaay more buzz than 2049 had, so it won't flop like that did. And hopefully the wait will allow Hans Zimmer more time to flesh out his musical ideas and generate even better ones

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude and Ferrari333SP like this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

E is not DUNC enough!

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Some spoilers in this

Also, I'm going through the Dune book for the first time, via the audiobook version, and I'm quite liking it so far. It can get extremely wordy at times, over describing something so simple, but overall it's a good sci-fi adventure. I'm currently roughly half way through, where Paul and Jessica essentially see the worm up close, before (I think) the Fremen lure it away with a thumping noise

23. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

ferrari my friend let me just tell you that you’re only just now really reaching the wild stuff

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Also, I read for the Wiki page for God Emperor of Dune, and holy s*** this series seems to get batshit crazy, hahaha

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]