Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Night Channels

Trusted

There are going to be two Dune films right?

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

13E27FF6-90C5-40A0-8B7A-4ACA4F7233E3.jpeg

oncenowagain and phaynes12 like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends soon after Paul joins the Fremen. Any more than that and there will have to be substantial content additions to Part 2 in order to make it a full-length film. I mean, there's already probably going to be content additions in Part 2, but there would need to be even more of them. I imagine Part 2 will involve a lot of Paul's integration in the Fremen society, his first time riding a worm, and the guerilla war against the Harkonnens (which the book glosses over entirely just to get to the final battle).

sawhney[rusted]2 and phaynes12 like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man it looks so good lol

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

IMO it looks good.

Night Channels and Serh like this.
  6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wild use of that Pink Floyd song lol

Looks incredible though.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think this looks absolutely incredible, but I can't help but worry that it won't be financially successful enough to justify it's own budget... I know that shouldn't be a concern as I'm not an investor or anything, but still.

Looking at that trailer, there is a solid chance that this could be one of my favorite movies of all time.

I absolutely love the book Dune, and this looks like an amazing adaptation of it for the screen. That cast is INSANE.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

On one hand, it's great this is made by WB, who will still give Denis a dumptruck full of money to make something look amazing. On the other, it's WB, so people will have to risk their lives in the winter to see it because they won't push it back.

Serh likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

It’s a nice nod to Jodorowsky, who wanted PF to score his failed version.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

helps if you know which ep it's referencing

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

trailer is awesome, but that song doesn't really fit at all for me. (very minor and pointless critique, i just think trailer music choices suck shit these days)

that sandworm thooouugghh

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish it was more colorful as well but it makes sense that it’s not. Otherwise looked amazing.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeah, I've been saying I would be VERY surprised if this came out in December

$50 to watch it on my TV at home please

16. soggytime

Trusted

Assuming this under-performs (which lets be real) but gets great reviews and is well liked by the audiences that see it, maybe Warners can just blame it on the pandemic and still greenlight the sequel....

17. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

That trailer has me so excited for this and Denis Villeneuve has yet to let me down so I have high hopes though I would be annoyed if this didn't get a cinema release because this looks just the kind of film that needs a big screen.

18. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I am struggling so much to not watch the trailer, but I'm not done with the book yet (just passed the part where Paul rides the worm for the first time and we find out about Alia). Is it safe to watch, or are there parts in the trailer I haven't gotten to yet? I probably have one or two more evenings of reading to go.

19. DarkHotline

I’m assuming this is gonna cover the first part of the book so you should be fine.

20. Anthony_

This is what I'm hoping happens as well. I was expecting this to be a financial failure pre-pandemic. At least now it has the pandemic to blame for poor performance.

21. Anthony_

None of that stuff will be in the first movie, you're good.

midnightxtaylor likes this.
  22. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Damn this looks awesome. Denis is maybe my favorite director and this cast is just insane. I can’t wait

secretsociety92 likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I would pay any crazy amount they want to charge to watch this at home.

24. atlas

Trusted

*me reading about Disney charging $30 to stream Mulan*

"That's ridiculous. Basically scalping. What fuckin moron would do that"

*me thinking about spending $30 to stream Dune*

"obviously I would do that, who wouldn't"

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

$30 to watch this at home with my speaker system cranked to 11 hell yes