Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

nice

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

BAUTISTA FOR DUKE LETO ATREIDES!!!

I kid, I kid. For real though, I love Dave Bautista. He was fantastic in 'Blade Runner 2049'. I cannot wait to see who he's playing in this.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This cast just keeps getting more and more awesome

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So excited to be absorbed in a whole new cinematic universe (never read any of the Dune stories)

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

My enthusiasm waned a bit when Roger Deakins left, but I'm still excited to see another take on this universe.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ohhh, why did he leave? Missed this news

9. dlemert

Trusted

I missed that Deakins was leaving too. Who is his replacement?

10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Always love watching Roger Deakins' work on the screen, but there are a lot of other fantastic cinematographers doing great stuff right now too. This cast is really something else. Oscar Isaac, Rebecca Ferguson and Timothee Chalamet as the Atreides family is insane.

TJ Wells and coleslawed like this.
  11. Argus

Some of the articles I found seem to indicate that Villeneuve wasn't actually going to use him at any point. I (and likely many others) just assumed they'd be working together again. Deakins is also not working on the next Bond film.
    It looks like Greig Fraser is going to work on Dune. His resume isn't too shabby either. I just love Deakins' work so much.

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Deakins might be my favorite living cinematographer, but I'm looking over Greig Fraser's filmography right now and there are some damn good looking films: Rogue One, Snow White and The Hunstman, Let Me In, Killing Them Softly, Foxcatcher. As movies I know a few of those are stinkers but I would say each one of those films looked incredible.

TJ Wells and coleslawed like this.
  13. Argus

Yeah, he's done some good stuff, too. He also got an Oscar nomination in 2016 for the cinematography on Lion. I trust Villeneuve to know who'll work the best for his vision. He's earned that.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Lion was a gorgeous movie, really well-shot.

15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I saw Lion on the list but I was unfamiliar with it. I just watched a few previews and the footage I saw from that was absolutely gorgeous as well.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Zendaya added

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

As meechee?

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Night Channels likes this.
  19. Argus

This cast is getting ridiculous.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Between this and Knives Out, it's downright not fair to other films

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Are there any theories on Irulan? Or maybe she won’t even show up until the second movie.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Josh Brolin added

23. Night Channels

Trusted

As Gurney Halleck

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mostly loved Blade Runner 2049 but remember finding the use of Asian culture as a backdrop for an all white main cast, at best, a bit tone deaf. And now Dune is going in the same direction. But, because this is a gifted filmmaker adapting well-regarded IP w/ a strong cast, most people aren't gonna care.

Liked the aside in this article on Star Wars, too. I never really think about it outside of the whole "sand people" thing, but there's definitely a hole in representation there, too (as much as they've tried to expand in other directions). She'd probably never do it, but a Lexi Alexander Obi-Wan film would help a lot there.

Anyways, I wish some MENA actors could have major roles here instead of in that gosh awful Aladdin remake. But, hey, they have Oscar "Apocalypse" Isaac.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jason Momoa in

CarpetElf likes this.