Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dune (Denis Villeneuve, October 1, 2021) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Feb 1, 2017.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Go watch blade runner 2049

coleslawed likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'VE NEVER SEEN BLADE RUNNER

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m all for people having opinions and all but thinking Prisoners isn’t good is baffling

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol really? It was pretty mixed as far as the critics I follow on Twitter. Definitely not a universally loved movie.

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

well fix that first!

Professor Plumbob and coleslawed like this.
  6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I will say, I like what Deakins and Villeneuve do in Prisoners. I just think the script is kinda trash.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i believe the final cut will be on hbo soon

TJ Wells likes this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah i like prisoners still but it’s pretty easily the worst of his that i’ve seen

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I would much rather rewatch Prisoners over Arrival and I love Arrival

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I was blessed with the chance to see him live, and after the show I asked him if he'd ever consider playing that "The Beast" theme from Sicario, and he chuckled at the idea, saying he'd need like 8 double basses to make it happen

DarkHotline and I Am Mick like this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I've probably watched Sicario more times than any other film in the last several years; just the most perfectly executed movie. Tense, riveting, fascinating, intriguing, perfect length, acting, score, everything.

jkauf and DarkHotline like this.
  12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Arrival is one of the most impactful movies I’ve ever seen, that being said it’s Blade Runner

coleslawed likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Homey, go watch the original and 2049. They are pound for pound some of the best sci fi in cinema. The original pretty much changed the aesthetic for sci fi overnight.

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Nothing else? I watched Prisoners not too long ago for the first time and thought it was so engrossing. It gave me Zodiac and Silence of the Lambs vibes. Maybe my favorite Gyllenhaal performance, I loved all the ticks and nuances he gave the character. I don't think thrillers are often this good.

Cameron and airik625 like this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

16. phaynes12

i like it a lot but it’s not rewatchable in the same sense that a lot of his others are. just due to the relentless tone of it.

17. atlas

Trusted

just watched Prisoners and it fucking ripped

18. I'm reading the book for the first time and the first 50 or 100 pages seemed really dense. Just a lot of info being presented. But after that it settles in and becomes a pretty quick read (ironic for an 800 page book). Got through 250 pages earlier.

Is it safe to say the movie is being split where book one ends?

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

hard to say at this point.

It is the only place where it really makes sense to do a clean split but may not be enough for a whole movie or to hook non book readers, plus it leaves a lot of stuff to cover in the second movie.

spiffa0 likes this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I truly don’t know where you could cleanly split it in half without having to add content to one or both movies to fill the run times.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. phaynes12

same

airik625 and imthesheriff like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Might be an unpopular opinion but I'm gonna be mad if Tenet takes this movie's place and pushes it back

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I am equally hyped for both of those movies so that fact that they're both gonna get delayed is depressing af

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't know if this is the film originally scheduled for this year that I most wanna see, but it's certainly the one I most wanna see on a big screen.

coleslawed and SpyKi like this.