Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dropkick Murphys - This Machine Still Kills Fascists (September 30, 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tomtom94, Jun 21, 2022.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

Acoustic album featuring the lyrics of Woody Guthrie

dropkick_murphys_machine_still_kills_fascists_pias-min-1500x1500.jpg

Press release:

Tracklist:

1. Two 6’s Upside Down
    2. Talking Jukebox
    3. Ten Times More
    4. Never Git Drunk No More
    5. All You Fonies
    6. The Last One
    7. Cadillac, Cadillac
    8. Waters Are A’risin
    9. Where Trouble Is At
    10. Dig A Hole

They've played the new single live - I have to confess I didn't think much of it but now I know more about the project I'm intrigued

Also looks like Al Barr's break from the band means he is not involved on this album or its tour.

2. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

Sounds interesting, always liked their acoustic/slower stuff. What they show off in the video sounds good so far.

Also have to say that I like the decision not to make a normal DKM record without Al. He is such a big part of what made the band great, wouldn't feel right without him.

tomdelonge likes this.
  3. tomtom94

Trusted

4. tomtom94

Trusted

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Band/songs aren’t the same without Al.

6. tomtom94

Trusted

Finally gave this a listen and reckon it's pretty decent? Having archive vocals of Woody on the last song is a nice touch.

Talking Jukebox and Where Trouble is At are surprisingly heavy, Never Git Drunk No More gives off Dirty Glass vibes.

The singles did it a bit of a disservice.

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

Penlab and amorningofsleep like this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

As someone who lives in the UK, aside from messing up certain rhymes, this is extremely cool. You can accuse DKM of many things, but they walk the damn walk when it comes to supporting workers' rights.

And first single off Okemah Rising: