Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drive-Thru Records Press ‘Welcome to the Family’ on Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Drive-Thru Records still exists? Whaaa?

Brent and Bayside 182 like this.
  3. tobytobes

Regular

I got all the way to the "Confirm order" button before I really talked myself out of it. $95 for a hoodie/vinyl (shipped) is just too steep.

Even 32-33 for the album (not counting shipping) is a little too steep for me.

I LOVED the original comp though and still have the pizza box from it.

4. [​IMG]

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  5. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

I remember i went to 4 different hot topics to get the cd (the only place I think they sold them). 43 bucks with shipping I had to get it. Now there are only 3 vinyl I want to complete my drive-thru collection

6. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

i did the exact same thing haha

tobytobes likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I am very, very tempted... Website seems to have crashed though.

8. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Literally none of the bands are getting paid for this. Shitty.

Brent likes this.
  9. KyleK

Ooh, ooh! Have any of the bands released any pointed comments about this? I totally agree that it's terrible, but if artists are taking any shots at DTR, I'd love to see them. I'll never forgive them for having to wait so long for more I Am the Avalanche music, and that's nothing compared to the other ways they failed and messed with their artists.

Brent likes this.
  10. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I haven't seen any comments yet, but I haven't seen any of the bands post about the release either to boost sales. I know Drive Thru sold off a lot of rights to things in the past without telling the bands (NFG's "Nothing Gold Can Stay" release through Company Ink Records jumps out as one, supposedly the band had no idea it was released).

11. I put this in my cart, saw the total price with shipping, and told myself "maybe when i get paid." and then i got paid a few hours later and told myself "maybe when i get paid next time..." haha. $43 is just... woof... especially since my honeymoon to London is next week. I'd rather buy my wife and I a yummy meal for that amount.

12. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Who exactly is selling this? I know it says Drive Thru records but did someone else buy the property rights to use it or is the original label back?

13. a small indie label is handling it i think

Bayside 182 likes this.
  14. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

15. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Drive Thru via Field Day Records (who did the anniversary press of Cartel's "Chroma", FTSK's "Underdog Alma Mater", and Boys Like Girls' self-titled).

Bayside 182 likes this.
  16. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

Tim from Allister did, but all he said was this was the original recording of Somewhere Down On Fullerton before they re-recorded it for Last Stop Suburbia

17. KyleK

Completely understandable choice, but when I see posts on here like this it reminds me how much more expensive it is as a vinyl collector outside the US. It's nearly impossible to order anything direct from artists or labels for less than that after international shipping.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. I can only imagine... yuck.

19. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I asked Tim if they were getting paid for this and got “we’ll see.” I’ll take that as a no.

20. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I really hope the wife didn’t want this more than the meal, or else that is gonna be a preeeeetty awkward meal now that it’s sold out!

battlingaheavyheart likes this.
  21. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Man I miss the DTR era of music. Wish they were ran by someone more competent.

MightyBrian likes this.