Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drew Beringer’s AbsolutePunk.net Reviews

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Hey remember AbsolutePunk.net? Once upon a time I used to write a lot of reviews. Hard to believe, I know. Jokes aside, Twitter and Jason’s “Re-Ranking The Decades” series dialed up the nostalgic side of me. I wanted to see if I still had some of the reviews I’d written over the past decade or so. Turns out, my iCloud Drive has a lot. Now I won’t be re-publishing every thing I’ve ever written (some of these documents deserve to stay buried in the depths of my hard drive), but I wanted to share the reviews that brought about a ton of lively discussion and debate on the records that defined that site and a lot of our musical interests. Cool? Cool. Now to see if I can bring back scene points….

I’ll update this post as I continue to bring back some of these reviews from the graveyard. Enjoy!

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. [​IMG]

3. theredline Jul 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2020)
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

Disambiguation is still to this day one of my all time favorite heavy albums. Excited to reread this review!

Ryan likes this.
  4. DeRRek

Trusted

This is great.

5. StoJa9

Regular

"Hey remember AbsolutePunk.net?"

Arguably the greatest website in the history of the Internet.

Slampiece likes this.
  6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Are they all the best record ever?

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Love how it just links to chorus lol

Orla and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Thanks for posting these, @Drew Beringer! Looking forward to reading

Drew Beringer likes this.
  9. Didn’t pay all that money to get it back for nothing :crylaugh:

10. steve187

i've never changed my toolbar, it's still absolutepunk and just directs here

Imgur Image

Jason Tate and Orla like this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

"The Buffalonian quintet didn’t just set the bar for all remaining metalcore releases, rather they tore it apart, drowned it in whiskey and gasoline, and burnt that motherfucker to the ground"

wow i remember this line!! love this haha

12. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Why didn't all the old reviews carry over to chorus?

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still want an AP.NET T shirt

14. AH now I'm listening to Charmer today.

15. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Still wish we could go back to the old site...can't even use the Wayback Machine which is fucked.

Cool reads, Drew! Always enjoyed reading your reviews.