Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dredg Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Sep 2, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Any updates on the new album? Really hoping it ends up coming out

StraightUpAcoustic likes this.
  2. I guess they're still in the studio? Black Map aren't doing anything in the moment so Mark probably is in full Dredg mode.

beachdude likes this.
  3. beachdude

I hope so! Really want them to come back strong after all this time

StraightUpAcoustic and Crisp X like this.
  4. SoundscapeMN

Regular

5. StraightUpAcoustic

Hey guys - I’m a huge Dredg fan and recently created an acoustic instrumental version of “Zebraskin.” Just wanted to share if anyone is interested. Hope you enjoy it!

6. StraightUpAcoustic

beachdude likes this.
  7. Yeah I'm just going to assume Covid probably halted their plans... unless they're sitting on a fully finished album. We'll see.

beachdude likes this.
  8. beachdude

Man I hope this is new...

9. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I hope there’s a new album. Loved Pariah/Parrot/Delusion and Catch without arms, but remember being highly disappointed by chuckles and mr squeezy. Worth revisiting?

beachdude likes this.
  10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

no it is truly just a shit album haha

beachdude likes this.
  11. beachdude

Yep, definitely deserves its poor reputation lol

12. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

There's a decent EP to be made out of Chuckles. I'm thinking -

Another Tribe
    Upon Returning
    Sun Goes Down
    The Ornament
    The Thought of Losing You
    The Tent

beachdude and Rowan5215 like this.
  13. Rowan5215

I think you're probably right, but it's been so many years since I even listened to the album that all I remember is the painfully lazy songs and the godawful cover art

I could probably get down to an EP of "Upon Returning", "The Ornament", "Where I'll End Up" and "Before it Began", not sure I can sit through any of the other songs

beachdude likes this.
  14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

The production is scary bad and the lyrics even on most of the tracks listed above make me physically shudder in embarrassment. I have to be totally honest: it was so bad it's still hard for me to get hyped about new material 10 years later.

15. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

new album ..... this year?????????

beachdude and Rowan5215 like this.
  16. Rowan5215

I'm pretty keen. been spinning the hell out of Pariah recently, the balance between pop and arty experiments they struck on that album was absolutely golden. comfortably my favourite dredg these days

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

Fucking finally!!

18. Rowan5215

while this thread is active again, are there any good-quality versions of "Bloodstains" and "Wondrous Miracle" out there or only the terrible quality ones on YouTube?

19. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Oh man, that's a hit of nostalgia. I remember thinking those both sounded more promising than most of the LP turned out, but never found anything besides the awful recordings of Drew playing snippets on a phone call.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  20. Rowan5215

yeah, couldn't find anything except he played a bit of "Bloodstains" on IG just the other day and you could see some other filenames in there like "Holding a Remedy Potion"

would be nice if they're teasing an official Pariah b-sides release, but I doubt it lmao

21. beachdude

Ok so this is definitely a new song…

Crisp X likes this.
  22. Rowan5215

that's actually from the Pariah era too, which is wild because I literally stumbled on it for the first time last week:

sure sounds like a new version in the clip though. considering that and "Bloodstains" getting played on IG, I want to say they're reworking some Pariah era b-sides for a new release?

beachdude likes this.
  23. beachdude

Oh interesting. Shows how familiar I am with their B-sides/rarities lol. Honestly I’ll take any form of new content from them at this point.

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not sure what that means for their creativity at this point if they're rehashing old songs but I'm hoping for the best

25. Crisp X Apr 3, 2023
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2023)
    Having not heard from them in a couple years, I was wondering if they were still active. Looks like this project is what they've been up to lately.

Here's the part in a recent interview where the guitarist talks about the new album and their current priorities, that involve "eventually touring" among other plans.

The band needing funds and what Mark details in the timestamped bit make me think the new album won't be ready until next year at least, but it's good to know things are moving along.

edit: Stumbled upon this which includes a quote from the drummer

https://www.theprp.com/2022/10/05/n...s-for-upcoming-el-cielo-20th-anniversary-set/

Penlab likes this.