Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Shocking! Drake has the number one album in the country this week:

Drake’s Certified Lover Boy album makes a spectacular debut atop the Billboard 200 chart with the biggest week for any album in over a year. The long-awaited set, which was released on Sept. 3, is Drake’s 10th No. 1 and starts with 613,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 9, according to MRC Data. That’s the biggest week for an album since the Aug. 8, 2020-dated chart, when Taylor Swift’s Folklore launched at No. 1 with 846,000 units.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

one of the craziest things i've ever seen

theasteriskera and cosmickid like this.
  3. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

That’s great numbers for such a forgettable album

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. somethingwitty

Trusted

It’s insane how the Hot 100 is calculated now. Most of these tracks aren’t “hits”, their album cuts most people will forget in the next 6mos.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Everyone I know that likes Drake does not like this album. Maybe I should listen to it.

6. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I get that I’m like 4 days late replying to this, but it’s also insane how easy it would be to “game” it. No doubt - a lot of people listen to Drake, but I can’t help but wonder how many of these artists are hijacking their play counts with bots to keep numbers at the top.

7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Do they really need to though? There's so little monoculture anymore - but a release by Drake is so massive it wouldn't surprise me that he's being streamed so much more than everyone else.