Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Tops The Charts, Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake’s Views is at the top of the Billboard Charts for the sixth straight week. Beyoncé comes in at number two, and Paul Simon is at three.

Of the album’s 135,000 units earned in the latest chart week, 81,000 of those were in streaming equivalent album units. The rest were in traditional album sales (32,000) and track equivalent album units (22,000).

2. Schooner

Trusted

Do artists get streaming plaques now that platinum and gold etc are less obtainable

3. skoopy

Regular

I guess I'm still in the old album sale frame of mind, but I can't help but be bothered that an artist that sells 32,000 album copies should be #1.

4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I agree. I understand the purpose for it, but it kills me to see 82,000 streams and only 32,000 records sold.

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Any word on Beartooth?

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Maren Morris at 5 is very cool.

7. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Damn Drake is killing it.

Also crazy, considering this album came out over a year ago, "Twenty One PilotsBlurryface (holding at No. 10 with 31,000 units; up 9 percent)"