Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Tops Charts, Pierce the Veil at Number Four

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Drake’s Views is once again the number one album this week. Beyoncé was number two, Meghan Trainor came in at three, and Pierce the Veil are number four.

Rock band Pierce the Veil claims its highest charting album ever, and best sales week yet, as Misadventures bows at No. 4 with 54,000 units (50,000 in traditional album sales). The group’s previous largest week came when its last album, 2012’s Collide With the Sky, launched at No. 12 with 27,000 sold.

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Damn, congrats to PTV!

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Modern Baseball came in at No. 53. Pretty solid week!

4. Turntstile

Not to mention that Chance the Rapper's Coloring Book was number 8 on streams alone, first album to make it on the Billboard 200 doing that.

5. TFT87

Regular

How is PTV so big? Is post-hardcore coming back to mainstream popularity?

6. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I really like the new PTV album good for them

7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I thought Kanye made a similar if not the same record when TLOP debuted at 1 with just streams? It might have counted more than streams alone though, I'm not sure now

I would love to see this happen. Mostly cause I can't imagine it happening

8. Turntstile

I thought this too when I first read that but then I remembered that he sold copies of TLOP on his website for a little bit and then stopped selling it but those album sales still count

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm not a big fan of PTV but it's always cool to see bands from this scene chart high.

10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

That's awesome for Pierce the Veil, I just wish the album would have had more lasting value with me.