Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Sets Release Date for New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Good shit

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If it continues the sound/energy laid out by If You're Reading This It's Too Late... and What a Time To Be Alive then we are in for a great record.

4. Looks like an Apple Music exclusive to start as well.

5. That's abrupt! Shucks. At least he's not totally subverting his plans to release Views from the 6 at all. I always love to see artists following through on plans, even when obstacles get in the way.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Awesome that he actually announced a release date, I'm getting really sick of "surprise" releases

7. CheapPop

Regular

To me, and I know I'm in the minority, "If Your Reading This" didn't have much replay value for me, as well as What a Time To Be Alive. Hoping this is different though.

8. church11

My tears are ready

9. Love that the announced date is right around the corner. I'm ready.

10. Sander

kflkmflkm

I hope none of the tracks he has released so far will be on here.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Nice avi. Beyond!

12. Beyond! Same to you, go Sabres!

13. AidanCloakit

Looking somewhat forward to checking this out, but "Summer Sixteen" and past definitely didn't catch my attention as much as the previous LP. I mean, Drake has always sounded a little monotone for the most part, but these recent tracks didn't really get what made him good on most of IYRTITL.

Also, I have a gut feeling that this might be the LP Ian Cohen talking about that he thought was terrible, but felt like it will still make Top 10's.

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

there is no chance ian cohen already has a copy of this album