Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake Releases ‘Views’ on Apple Music • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2016.

1. SweetThye

@sweetthye

I think the variation comes from the different styles of music he does. A lot of the tracks on the front of the album are more of his old R&B/singing style, quiet flow from Take Care and Thank Me Later, but then there's the harder, trap songs like "Hype," "Grammys" and "Pop Style" which are like the "If You're Reading This..." mixtape. And THEN there's the afrobeat influenced songs like "Controlla," "One Dance" and obviously "Hotline Bling" even "Too Good" appropriately featuring Rhianna.

Lyrically, I think this is what we've come to expect from Drake at this point. He's always sung and rapped about girls/his problems/his life currently and reflections on the past. It's his style and what makes him stand out imo.

Personally, I think it's way more diverse than the mixtape and fully encompasses what Drake is now and has grown to become over the years.

2. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

I like the "afrobeat" songs. They're the real stand outs for me. It's just everything else.

I know he's always talked about these things, but it's finally starting to bother me. Maybe because I'm getting older and can no longer relate to his girl problems.

The same thing happened with me and most pop-punk bands. It's like they're recycling the same four songs over and over.

3. CMilliken Apr 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

I try with every release to like his stuff but can't like a whole album. A few songs sure. I'll listen to this one today and hopefully it can grab my attention unlike his other stuff.

Edit: other than a couple songs I just don't see myself listening to this again.

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

its pretty solid!

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally with you on this. It's a shitty practice that punishes consumers arbitrarily.

6. Bisrad

1. Never really been a Drake fan 2. Who the hell needs a 20 song album, ever 3. Now Chance can drop his Mix

7. grimis16

Regular

Woo, pretty excited to give this a listen. I liked both of his last two a lot.

8. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

its best since take care.

there i said it!

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Why are so many people up in arms about a 20 song album? If you don't like songs, skip them. Especially with the way music is consumed now, having "filler" (for lack of a better word) really doesn't hurt anyone, it's just more content and that means more of a chance everyone will find something to like.

Arry likes this.
  10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

20 Songs. I have no qualms with that. I love long albums. I have a long attention span.

Still haven't heard this and it's bothering me that I haven't.. Looks like I might have to activate my 3 months of free apple music here soon..

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Too many songs, seems like a lack of quality control and makes it difficult to listen all the way through (Same problems I have with both 1975 albums and I still think they're great).

Like a lot of this so far. Probably will grow too.

Bisrad likes this.
  12. Bisrad

I agree. I think its an easy way to get carried away with an album. I'm all for interludes (Summer Over, is awesome) and mood setting changes. The 1975's second album used these well. I still feel like some fat could be cut out to make an even more solid album.

On my second listen through Drakes' right now, and I think his parts are actually the weakest of the production.

13. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Best song on the album imo is Summer's Over Interlude.