Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Drake - Certified Lover Boy (September 3, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I feel kinda bad, I don't know how Chad Gilbert is going to find his next wife now

Carrow, SamLevi11 and Anthony_ like this.
  3. The Brews2

so i haven't been on this site in like a decade since i got out of punk and into hip hop, and haven't been paying attention to punk music in as long, but blink was my favorite band growing up and i don't think i ever heard any accusations about them, you're breaking my heart but you gotta inform me.
    I created a new account just to ask this...

(side note; im pretty sure you [irthesteve] was the one posting all the good hip hop when i thought there wasn't anything good since the 90s, so i gotta thank you for putting me on to some good shit a decade late haha)

also, i know i'm under a rock, but what are the accusations against drake? grooming young girls i assume?

4. irthesteve

hey there, first off it's very likely that i've posted about hip-hop that you've seen, so that's cool to hear! If you ever want to dive even deeper, the hip hop thread on here has a lot of great people in it and is very active https://forum.chorus.fm/threads/hip-hop-thread.338

Second off, the blink stuff mostly stems from who they give platforms to. Travis is constantly working with abusers, Matt is friends with nazis, blink worked on a xxxtentatcion song, I would suggest checking out this thread and searching for the posts about the band for any/all information: https://forum.chorus.fm/threads/accountability-in-music.33410

As for Drake, the majority of his issues stem from a concert where he had a girl come on stage and he basically danced/grided on her, she was underage. And then he texted Mille Bobbie Brown as a "friend" when she was underage. I'd suggest for Drake checking out that same thread and reading more as well https://forum.chorus.fm/threads/accountability-in-music.33410

xapplexpiex likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

blink-182 has more than demonstrated they aren't worthy of being supported by this point but the pass is still given nevertheless

jorbjorb and Joe4th like this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Along with New Found Glory, when it's pretty clear how gross Chad is, but alas

jorbjorb, irthesteve and Anthony_ like this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think calling out Drake, who has done some questionable things, is okay but it's odd when other artists don't get that same treatment. I'm not here to say Drake's behavior is not bad, but like I said above how is it less acceptable than ADTR or With Confidence or Neck Deep (correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are still questionable people in that band) having abusers in their bands and still posted?

The criticism of this thread being active would be more valid if universally across the board there was consistency on problematic bands not being posted on this website.

Joe4th, irthesteve and Anthony_ like this.
  8. The Brews2

I appreciate the info and links. Does Kendrick get put in that box too? I'll be honest I still listen to some "problematic" people, I can't ignore to pimp a butterfly lol

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

didn't he threaten to pull his music from Spotify or Apple Music when they were going to take down R. Kelly's stuff from playlists and shuffle stations or whatever

10. The Brews2

I don't believe so but I could be wrong, if it's on an r Kelly level, yea probably won't listen to Kenny anymore. but if working with someone who has a past puts you in that box, Dr dre threw a woman down stairs, so any kendrick post section 80 is out.

edit: you are correct he did.

11. dallasc

Trusted

Speaking of Drake this new Majid Jordan single is great

Matt Chylak likes this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Looks like this is out next Friday September 3rd

dallasc likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Is...that really the cover?

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

im good

slowheart likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

lol

17. oh my god. please be real. it sucks so bad lmao

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

:crylaugh:

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Bad couple days for album covers lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Fucking cringe lol

21. radiodead

Trusted

Why does that cover feel so strange.

Zilla likes this.
  22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

His cover art hasn’t been good since So Far Gone but this is particularly egregious.

23. irthesteve

No way that's it, I just can't believe it

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Haha that has to be one of the worst album artworks from a big artist ever (if true).

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious