Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Quest XI - Echoes of an Elusive Age - PS4 Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Also, super disappointed that you have to get both Veronica and Serena because I hate characters who are assholes for no reason. Why couldn't I just get Serena? She's awesome.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

You have to around the final boss or you're going to get destroyed.
    no idea what this means

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I wish that she didn't join my quest.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

There is a lot of storyline reason for all of it though.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I was bracing myself to wait for ten hours to get into it but I'm about 7 hours in and already love it. I'm such a sucker for jrpgs

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This game does so much right. The map system is perfect, traveling speed is perfect, love the tactics based battle system. Ugh. I am loving this so much so far.

Jake W and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmm so my party is getting big, have 7 now. How often did everyone here rotate characters? I really wanna use everyone. Thank God they level up even when not in the active party.

8. GBlades

Trusted

So is this game worth it? My favourite JRPG is FF X so.....

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So I have only played FF X and X-2 and I like this game a lot. It took me about four hours in until I got really hooked, but then the whole story opens up and you get a lot more to do. It's also gorgeous. I would give it a shot.

P.S. this is also coming from someone who couldn't get into DQVIII which is revered as one of the best. This one really grabbed me.

10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I want to Platinum this, but I'm only at 54% Trophies so I'll probably do what I usually do and get to ~70% and give up because I want to play something else lol

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That World Tree cutscene tho. I feel so hopeless.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The deeper I get into this game the more I love it. I will not be surprised if I put this in the top 3 all time for me once I finish, this story is so damn good. I'm about 40 hours in and have so much to go still haha, that makes me so happy.

Jake W likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I was playing a lot this weekend. So addicting

14. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

You saying it's potentially a top 3 of all time is definitely making me eager to play this. Will definitely try and grab this before xmas. Never played a home console DQ actually, only on the DS

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup this has been a better experience than most of the final fantasys I have played. It may be recency bias but I really don't think so. I LOVE this game.

Jake W likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hitting level 99 doesn't max out your board. lol

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I love this almost as much a I love Persona 5, and Persona 5 is the best game ever

Henry likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just plat'd this. My god was that a lot of work.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Does anyone use the banks? If so what’s the benefit of them?

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The difficulty spike of this Tentacular boss fight is very vexing.

21. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I think it's just to stop yourself from overspending at new towns. I put $1000 or so in there after grinding and there's a big stash now.

22. Fixed Glitch

I noticed this as well. It took me a few tries. After beating that boss I went and did some series grinding. Now i feel way overleveled since a boss hasn't really presented a challenge since.

Cameron likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I just beat him! I just put a lot of my buffs on, and Sylvando’s buff where he heals everyone 70% was very helpful.

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  24. Fixed Glitch

I had to get lucky to beat him. Everything is so much easier once you get multiheal.

Prepare from some upcoming excitement story wise.

Cameron likes this.
  25. Fixed Glitch

I keep promising myself I am going to finish this... And then I discover that you can steal mini metals from the slot machine enemies haha.

I cannot believe how extensive the post-game content is.