Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Quest XI - Echoes of an Elusive Age - PS4 Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm glad I stuck with this. The back half is a lot better than the front. Sylv is my new favorite video game character. The guy is legit Dalton Castle.

tucah likes this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I'm only a few hours in. I think I might have spent too much time grinding early. The level of detail in the game is pretty astounding.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

may have shed a tear

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bout 4 hours in now. Saved some sp, and unlocked the luminary skill tree. Starting to really open up the combat now with the pepp combos.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Burnt myself out on this. Probably around 100 hours of play. Sitting around 80 with all of my characters. I want to 100% it, but its just so grindy.

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Welcome to the land of JRPGs.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

only a few hours in (wanted to fully finish spidey before diving into the much longer game) but it's pretty much exactly what i wanted from the first big console installment since 8. it looks absolutely gorgeous and the gameplay is classic DQ, for better or for worse. i can see how some might possibly take issue with the fact that the franchise hasn't quite evolved over the years but that's the entire charm for me. plot's very standard DQ/JRPG stuff so far but just exploring yet another DQ world, and the best said DQ world has ever looked, is good enough for me.

8. drewinseries

Drew

This is my first DQ so it's nice to have such a mechanically classic JRPG with the tech of 2018

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Didn't think I'd ever love a JRPG as much as Persona 5 but this is getting there

slowheart likes this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I haven't gone back to this game since I got to like, I just got Erik and such. Nothing hooked me yet.

11. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I haven’t been able to play much lately. It’s bumming me out.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Really letting me down Slade

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  13. Jake W

Wow I love this game

Shrek likes this.
  14. Jake W

I really love Jade. My favourite character so far.

15. GBlades

Trusted

So in all honesty, good game? Planning on getting this after Spider-Man but the last good JPRG I played was FF X. I really like XV too but that had some flaws.

I am realy liking how it looks but I need another game that has a lot of immersive story, too.

Disclaimer; never play a DQ game haha

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

play this. I think it was a mistake going from DQ to Spidey. The length and depth of this thing is perfect.

17. Jake W

This is as good as JRPGS get and the story is really engaging.

18. GBlades

Trusted

I'll finish up Spidey and this can be my next game.

I've heard mixed opinions but I'm a fan of story and good combat so hopefully it holds up well.

19. Jake W

Queen Marina is my new fave character

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This game is so fun

Jake W likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Finally got it. I am so PUMPED.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I played a bit of Ni No Kuni 2 and was sorely disappointed and so I'll probably go back to this and try to power through the intro so I can see what everyone is raving about

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I saw that game for sale for 29.99 (not even a sale) at Target today and thought, damn that can't be a good thing.

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's...just boring I guess. A lot of walking back and forth doing quest stuff and then the fights are fine, nothing amazing.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone else switch it to full control of the party members?