Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

Even when it was two episodes a day, the Frieza versus Goku fight took three grade levels to finish.

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I remember when I first started watching it aired at my bed time and I would always try to be sneaky and watch it.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe they are still doing the weekly release for America. Really dumb. I would rather FUNimation just release season box sets every few months instead of this.

4. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

While I was getting used to watching the Japanese subs of Super, hearing all the voices for the Funimation Dub doing it just brought me back to elementary school. Kudos to Toonami/Adult Swim, even the trailer nails the tone of DBZ and early 2000's Toonami.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Damn. I missed that voice so much.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I'm assuming we're talking about the narrators voice because that's the one making me cry.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

I forgot how much of the show was flashbacks to fill time. The first new episode of Kai has a recap that is over five minutes long.

8. Mister Lyrical

Kai actually got rid of most of them. The recap for that is probably just because of the gap between that and the last episode airing.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

Yeah, the rest of Kai was similarly better than the original show. If you binge watch the original DBZ it feels really condescending having to watch characters remember stuff from prior episodes over and over.

10. Mister Lyrical

That's really just showing DBZ's age, starting in 1989 (Dragonball starting in 1984). Back then people didn't binge watch shows, and by and large Japan didn't and still doesn't syndicate animes or air regular reruns. Not to mention the series didn't get a home release in Japan until 2004. If you missed an episode you were basically screwed and would never find out what happened.

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Dragon Ball will finally have it's first female super saiyan, Broly. Here's the new trailer for the upcoming arc

[VIDEO]

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I fully support adding more female characters, but I wish this wasn't done in a Broly/Super Saiyan way. I have stated this earlier in this thread, too. Broly is such an overrated, non-canonical character, and the amount of Super Saiyans has become a parody at this point.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Well it's technically not Broly, it's the Legendary Super Saiyan of Universe 6.

14. Daniel182

That's why I said "done in a Broly/Super Saiyan way."

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This arc looks so awesome. The Clown of Destruction looks scary as shit.

Though I am kind of indifferent to Broly, I'm kind of intrigued by them adding a Broly-esque character in. Pretty clever throwback and making the character female is a great twist.

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

All I want to see is Krillin be relevant again.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wonder how many episodes he will last before being killed

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This tournament thing with all the heros being on the same team is a great way to have everyone have some relevancy. Can't help but wonder why Super hasn't utilized Goten and Trunks more, though.

Hopefully this show continues after the next arc and we see them age a little bit. They still look 5 years old and at the end of Z they look almost fully grown (Pan is only four by then which means they only have a few years to get there). I know that happened with Goku in Dragonball but it still doesn't make any sense...

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol wow I can't believe I they actually put in Broly likes mentioned. I suppose making the character a female could make it more interesting. Kinda wish that it didn't happen to be apart of a seperate universe though.

Daniel182 likes this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I guess I don't get why people are annoyed at the inclusion of a legendary Super Saiyan character. It's a nice throwback to a really popular movie character without making him canon. I kind of like the idea, as long as it's implemented correctly. Also, this will make female Super Saiyans canon, as well, so that's always cool.

21. Daniel182

Personally because the concept of a "Legendary Super Saiyan" isn't canon in the first place.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Well that is something.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don't get that either. It is canon in terms of Vegeta saying that there was one long ago (which Broly was based off of). This just attributes the same story to a Saiyan in a different universe, making it canon without creating a plot hole.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

In the Frieza saga Vegeta mentions a legendary super saiyan appearing every 1000 years. Though, some could argue he was just referencing the regular super saiyan, the "legendary super saiyan" is canon.

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Beat me to it.