Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

3. Morrissey

Trusted

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone else seen the poster for the arc that begins in February. Android 17 returns! And as a good guy!

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hmmmmm. Legitimately makes me wonder if they are going to crib any plot elements (probably not cuz what effing plot does this show have) from Super 17 Arc.

6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Is there a good English dub for GT?

7. Daniel182

Just watch the original Japanese with English subs. That's the best way to experience Dragon Ball.

8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I've never really watched anime besides the English DBZ. Not particularly interested in expanding... doesn't seem like something I'd be into.

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So an exec producer on the show mentioned including more popular Z characters on Super, which I assume is why 17 is showing up again, and apparently one of the most discussed characters inthe writers room is Broly. So we may finally be getting an officially canon version of the legendary super saiyan.

Now is probably the best time, as SS Blue is probably the first believable challenge to Broly.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Would be cool. They've gotten so bad about accelerating the "power levels" in Super where characters are suddenly caught up (for no better reason than that they just WANT to be). I'm sure Broly will just show up and magically get to be the strongest like Frieza. Haha.

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I didn't see Broly being a major topic in the writers room, just that Broly is much more popular in the west than he is in Japan, and that's the kind of thing they're keeping in mind as they attempt to expand the franchise globally. That said, I may have missed the bit you're mentioning and would love a tweaked Broly appearing in Super.

My biggest takeaway from the article is that Dragon Ball is going to exist for a long, long time to come - and that's great. The series has created a world on par with something like Star Wars in terms of pure scale. So many races, timelines, and universes. An expanded universe makes so much sense, and I think the series will best explore all these possibilities if they function like a major comic company and give certain races and characters spin offs in mediums other than serialized television. Give me a game where I play as a Namekian against the first threat against New Namek, or a limited run comic series about the origins of the Saiyan race, and I will pre-mortgage the home I don't even own yet lol.

12. Daniel182

Broly is such an overrated character, and the Broly movies are some of the worst of DBZ. He isn't a canon character, so I hope he is not introduced in Super.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The first movie was really cool although a little too long. But yes, then they proceeded to make the sequels...aka two worst movies.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I remember when I was young and the buy saga was airing when I discovered the first Broly movie. Back then it didn't really matter to me that the story was shit, I just though Broly was an awesome character.

Toriyama didn't have much to do with all those non-canon movies right? Maybe if they attempted Broly in Super they could have an actual compelling story. It would be amazing if Goku and Vegeta discovered another lost Universe 7 Saiyan and he joined the team in that first docile form of his, and they figure out a legitimate good reason for him to snap several arcs later and betray Goku and co. Z

15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

English dub tonight? I feel like a kid again.

16. Shrek

Yep! Me too, man. Using my free trial for Sling TV to watch it live even though I've watched the full series subbed. It's a good day.

17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I've managed to stay away from it so I really don't even know much of the plot. Though the first bunch of episodes is all the Battle of Gods movies again basically right?

18. Shrek

Yep, the first 28 episodes or so are retelling the two latest movies, but they're expanded versions of the stories. In the Ressurection F arc particularly, they add a couple of characters that weren't in either film. The first few episodes of Super are before Battle of Gods though, kind of a brige between Z and the introduction of Beerus.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I remember the first few being pretty enjoyable slice of life episodes. It was just cool to see everyone enjoying themselves.

Maybe it'll be better watching the dubbed version, but I really felt like I was forcing myself through the first two arcs (movie remakes) They were basically drawn out, lower budget versions of the films. After that, it really gets interesting.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I liked the first few episodes before Battle of Gods started. I skipped that arc and the Frieza one because I didn't even like those movies, couldn't handle watching them done again but even worse and extended. The tournament arc after was pretty fun even if it was ridiculous. Need to catch up on the rest.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The arc after the tournament is where it starts to get reeeeeally good. Unfortunately I kind of thought its ending was a little too crazy and they had to do a lot of cheap writing to get it to work, but it was by far the most entertaining arc yet.

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I started the Future Trunks arc and then I got caught up and had to wait for the next episode. I haven't watched one since, ha. Seems like the way I'm going to watch Super is just in big chunks every few months.

23. Shrek

I was that way until Crunchyroll started simulcasting it

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Fuuuuuccck I didn't really think about that. It's going to be over a year before the English dub gets to the later arcs. I wish cartoons were on tv every day of the week again instead of just once a week.

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah like back when DBZ first aired on Toonami. Watched it every day after school when I was like 9 or 10. If I had to watch it every Sunday, there's no way I would have made it to the Cell arc lol