Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

So ridiculously stoked that Dragon Ball Fusions releases for 3DS on Tuesday! Buddy of mine is picking up a N3DS just to be able to play that and Sun/Moon with me.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

English Dub voice cast has been revealed. Finally!!

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Daniel182 likes this.
  4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Nice!!!! I've been waiting to watch it in English.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Quite enjoyed this past week's episode. lol

electro haikus and Eric Wilson like this.
  7. Shrek

The whole Black arc rivals anything from Z, honestly. It was nice to have a lean, well-paced arc.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The arc was my favorite of Super so far, but I felt like things got pretty whacky when they actually started fighting Black/Zamasu. I felt like they had to phone a lot of stuff in to get through the arc and eventually wrote themselves into a corner. haha.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Agreed with everything here. I was kind of bummed with how abruptly the entire thing ended all in one episode. Vegetto only had a few minutes of screen time.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha exactly. So much of the stuff just seemed like they thought of it on the spot just to progress the arc.

Beerus/Whis both being tied to the Super Kai was just a way to write Beerus out of the future timeline, the Kaioshins from Universe 7 and 10 showing up to the battle in the future was just to place some of the Potara earrings in that timeline to use for Vegito (why in the world would they go to the future to stand around and watch when their deaths would result in the deaths of Beerus/Whis?!).... Vegito should have won the fight, but wait, let's establish a new rule where the fusion isn't actually permanent.

Also spending all that time on Goku learning the Evil Containment Wave, not even do it, then having Trunks learn it in five seconds but forget that little piece of paper... I have no idea why half the fight was necessary. But I guess that's nothing new to Dragonball.

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. Shrek

Also, if you own a 3DS, Dragon Ball Fusions is the best DBZ game since the PS2 by a long shot.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wish I owned one/had time to play it. I bought Xenoverse 2 on Black Friday for $25, but I've only had time to play it for maybe two hours since.

13. Shrek

I feel ya, man. That's why the 3DS is a godsend for me. I have an Xbox One at home with most of the major titles from 2015 and early 2016, and maybe an hour or two in each of them. But I've got the 30 minute bus ride each way from work each day, and an hour lunch break, and that's dedicated game/podcast time.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

For sure! I'm on my phone quite a bit playing games to kill time. Not going to lie, but Pokemon GO has always gotten a lot of my time just because I like playing it while I get out and run and bike and stuff. I have Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 and I kind of like playing that for a couple of hours after work every once in a while to blow off some steam, but the Dragonball games you actually have to commit to in order to complete the story, you know? I feel like I'm investing a lot more into beating them. haha.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Despite the plot holes towards the end of the arc, the Future Trunks / Goku Black saga was better than anything in GT and better than some of the sagas in Z. I just hope the next sagas go a little smoother. This arc seemed like they were adding plot elements as they went along instead of planning everything out at the beginning.

Daniel182 likes this.
  16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Honestly in light of how bad Super has been I kinda look back on GT kind of fondly now.

17. Daniel182

Have any of you been reading the Super manga along with watching the anime? If not, I highly recommend it. Only one chapter per month, so it's easy to keep up with.

The manga has much better sequencing and continuity than the anime does. Everything is explained more clearly.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Definitely, like the explanation of how Supreme Kai/Beerus died in Trunks' world was so much better in the manga (and would have been a better addition to the show than the most of that stuff)

Daniel182 likes this.
  19. Daniel182

I decided to rewatch the entire Dragon Ball / Z / GT / Super series from the beginning in Japanese with English subtitles. Six episodes in so far.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I hope Super eventually has a time jump. I want Uub, and GT Pan was the shit idc what anyone says. The drama mined from GT was much better than all this Gods just fix things nonsense.

21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

electro haikus likes this.
  22. Shrek

Awesome news, but I was hoping for something a little more binge-watchy for the series than one episode a week, at least for the movie sagas. Still exciting!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  23. Daniel182

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha I was thinking that, out of all the images..

25. Shrek

I'd like to think they picked that one to show that they'll be airing the retouched Blu Ray versions and not the even more awful original frames lol