Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

His whole race was genocided so all he cares about is staying strong enough to never let that happen again. His insecurities are relatable. Goku is just a sociopath who constantly puts the lives of everyone he cares about in harms way just so he can have what he considers a bit of fun

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Gohan is better than both

3. Morrissey

Trusted

Goku probably lives off of the prize money from the martial arts tournament. Their overhead is very low.

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

In the first ep of Super, Chi Chi makes him take up farming to make a living to pay for Gohan’s school or whatever. Then Mr. Satan comes in at the end and gives him millions of dollars for saving the earth, and Goku is elated because it means he can quit farming and go train more

The only truly well rounded Saiyan is Trunks. Intelligent, powerful, calm-headed, not a baby

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You also just described Gohan

6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Gohan is a total insecure baby (mostly literally) up until the very end of the Cell saga. Then from the Buu saga onward he’s weak as hell. He’s a nerd and not a cool nerd like GT Trunks

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Gohan has been training and fighting again ever since the universal survival arc. He only took a small break during the battle of gods and Goku black arc. Gohan would mop the floor with trunks if you want to talk about power. Trunks was pretty insecure and wouldn’t listen to future Gohan at all in the history of trunks as well.

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The man has got nothing interesting going on. He’s been relegated to just being another Z fighter that gets his shit wrecked once the main antagonist comes along

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately he has recently but he did go toe to toe with kefla in the tournament who was insanely powerful. Hopefully they do something good with the character.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New chapter is out. This is the first saga to be directly linked to the previous since the Frieza/Namek to the Saiyan/Vegeta which is nice.

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This looks like it might be pretty cool. I wonder what exactly this guy wants with those stored powers.

Side note - did some of those pages seem out of order on mobile? I feel like it jumped around a lot at the beginning.

13. Daniel182

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oh wow. the most powerful being in the universe is coming :rotfl:

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Seems like this guy is a modified version of Baby from GT with an added hatred of Frieza.

“Saiyans bad. Me mad. Me seek revenge”

can’t wait for him to find out Frieza helped save the universe lmao

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Granolah seems p cool so far.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, it definitely continues the trend of borrowing from the non-canon Dragon Ball material and repurposing it into a new story. I don't mind it though even though we've already seen one or two villains like this. Interested in seeing how that incorporate that crew who is looking for Zuno now.

18. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Who wants to bet Bardock was one of the Saiyans who decimated Granola's race?

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm thinking that's a possibility. Normally they go with "I hate King Vegeta" as the default, but this guy might not exactly know (or care) about him and instead shifts the blame to Frieza for his influence.

Also, there are a couple of possibilities here...

One, I'm curious of he'll shift his hatred of the Saiyans once he finds out that Frieza killed all of the "evil" ones and that Goku and company are actually saviors. I don't know that he'll care whether or not Frieza has done any good in the universe, but it's a little bit more of a stretch to still hate Goku and Vegeta. They might team up against him somehow.

Two, I wonder if this will be a way of bringing back Broly/the U6 Saiyans or introducing the U6 equivalent of the Cerealians. With Zuno in the mix, it wouldn't be a stretch if these new characters gained access to that info.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Honestly, I'd like this to be a "paying for the sins of my father" kind of story.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I feel like this is where it’s going. Goku will have to confront the guy who belonged to a race that Bardock slaughtered.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just went down a Dragon Ball Heroes wiki wormhole and regret it.

23. Daniel182

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This chapter added more to the dragon ball Mythos than anything in the past 30 years lol

Daniel182 likes this.
  25. Daniel182

Definitely. Lots to process in this one haha.