Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

There’s a whole Bardock movie that is pretty awesome! Definitely worth checking out. But basically... Goku’s mom is never mentioned, and Bardock doesn’t give a shit about infant Goku because his power readings are weak. Also, he’s currently getting a reputation as a badass whom Frieza is concerned about whenever he decides to blow up planet Vegeta. There’s some other weird stuff, but in general, he’s not really a good guy at all like he’s framed to be in the Broly movie (actually, all of the Saiyans are shit heads). He’s mostly just pro-Saiyan and anti-Frieza.

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like this version of Bardock more. He’s less of a prick

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Ah, yeah, I think I like the new version.

The only pre-Resurrection F movie I've seen was the original Broly movie and that was pretty awful. Was apprehensive going into this one because of it

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like Cooler’s Revenge, Broly: Second Coming and Fusion Reborn. The other’s are eh.

The Goku, Gohan and Goten kamehameha that kills Broly is one of my favorite moments in all of dragon ball.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I like Bio-Broly and I don't care who knows it.

[​IMG]

Daniel182, SpyKi and oakhurst like this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The fights in bio Broly were good, especially with the Goten/Trunks synchronized fighting style, but the design for bio-Broly. Oof

7. ChaseTx

I'm making my way through the films. Dead Zone was pretty good, World's Strongest and Tree of Might were both pretty mediocre, but Lord Slug was surprisingly solid

Also picked up the Super manga from where the anime left off, so far so good

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Some of the films are so boring that I just zone out when I try to watch them. I couldn't tell you a single thing that happens in Tree of Might and I watched it this year lol.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. I always liked those first three movies when I was a kid but I haven’t seen them in forever. I’m sure they seem slow now in comparison to how much the stakes have gone up in the series. The thing I’d probably still like about them is how they allow some of the smaller characters to have cool moments with the henchmen

10. ChaseTx

The fighting in Dead Zone is decent. It's interesting going back to an era when everyone didn't have multiple levels of powerups to get through during a fight

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Moro was trending on twitter and I saw MASSIVE leaks for the new chapter. Big RIP to 2 major characters.

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Spoiler tag would have been nice there :(

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

My bad. I made sure not to include the names

Daniel182 likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Where’s Hercule when you need him

15. Daniel182

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nice to see the z fighters get wrecked every now and then

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Deaths don't feel like they hold weight anymore, especially after the tournament

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Will be awesome to see what that character is capable of. Been excited to see what their power level is like.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man, finally made some ground. I feel like the story was kind of getting redundant there, but I see now how many of the pieces they needed to set up in order to get into this end game. I am wondering what will happen with Merus's power vs. Moro and to see the consequences of an angel getting involved in mortal conflict.
    I am still hoping that the story comes back around full circle and that Majin Buu/Grand Surpreme Kai will be used in the final battle. I still think this new power being introduced will be used to split the two beings (at least temporarily) and that Moro will be defeated in a similar way as the first time.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Are those characters confirmed dead? Knowing this series, I'll just consider them unconscious because they could easily be restored in the last minute.

21. Daniel182

Yeah, they didn't seem to actually die. Plus with Dende able to make it in now, I suspect they will be revived while Merus is fighting Moro.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I’m not sure why so many people were convinced that anyone was dead since they never imply or explicitly state that that’s the case. Especially when they’ve all seen worse, and we have two characters currently on their way to heal them.

23. justin. Jul 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

In all honesty, it would be great if Toriyama thought of something other than potential deaths to put Super back into exciting territory. After the death-revival hamster ball acts of DBZ, deaths just wouldn't be engaging in Super unless they are permanent.

The Tournament of Power was an interesting idea that keep me wanting more and the angels/demons angle is cool, but the Moro stuff has felt pretty “been there done that” so far.

24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Finally finished the Goku Black / Zamasu saga and was not expecting the episodes that followed at all. SO GOOD! I guess the tournament is next.

ChaseTx likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New chapter is out. I think we could all see that ending coming.