Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I’m not convinced the Super anime is returning. There is no evidence for it anymore.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

My concern was with the lack of indications/confirmation that there even IS, in fact, a plan to release more anime at any point in the future. I've been periodically looking for updates for months now, but I can hardly find any official word that they're even planning for that anymore outside of vague articles that just assume it's still happening

There's never truly been an official statement that even acknowledges that "Yeah, new anime will come eventually, but it will take a while. We'll keep you posted." Not sure how that implied that I want it right now. haha.

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i mean re: filler, you can just not watch it - i thought the Super filler was largely very fun and wouldnt mind more of it between now and Moro.

Super may not be back but a DB series certainly will, especially with Toyotarou having proved someone other than Toriyama can do the world justice. DB has crossed that threshold of no return, it makes enough money that it will never stop having a regular presence until it no longer makes that money

trevorshmevor and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Lol, I almost posted this in the Things That Annoy You thread last week. When a 2D animated show I like suddenly starts incorporating 3D animation it always takes me out of the show a bit. The arial shots of the battlefield in the tournament are really cheesy looking. It’s also pretty noticeable whenever Frieza’s ship is visible

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Generally I think the animation in the show is great, but it's just suddenly starting to look like a pop up book these past few episodes

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As long as they don't run out of hair colors, this can go on forever. All about them toy sales.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  7. Daniel182

I’m pretty sure toy sales actually is a big reason for slightly modified forms haha.

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Black — Neutral
    Yellow — Super Saiyan
    Red — SS god
    Blue — SSG+super saiyan
    Pink — SS Goku Black
    White — Ultra instinct

Am I missing any? So they could do brown, green, purple, orange, and after that point it just starts being shades/variations of all those lol. Like oh wow dark blue SSG, crazy

9. Daniel182

Other forms for toys are Kaio-ken, SSJ4, and Ultra Instinct Omen. Don't forget separate toys for for SSJ, SSJ2, and SSJ3!

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Green is already a thing with Kefla

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Broly's hair is kinda green lol

12. Daniel182

13. oakhurst Jun 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 18, 2020)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Vegeta’s new technique is cool and I’m also glad this arc isn’t over yet

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Cool issue for sure! I still feel like it's a bit formulaic at this point but whatever lol I posted this on Reddit two months ago (right after Goku showed up) and it's basically true:

He powers up, Goku also powers up, they fight to a draw except Goku runs out of power and needs to be saved by Vegeta. Vegeta battles Moro and eats him for breakfast, Moro reveals he STILL hasn't used his real power yet and pulls the same trick yet again, Vegeta is defeated and now Moro is out of everyone's league. They all come together and find some hail mary way of winning annnnd that's it.

My hopes for the ending of this arc is that it brings Buu/Grand Supreme Kai back into the mix since that's essentially what started it all. Maybe Vegeta uses his new ability to separate the Kai from Buu since he made a hint that he could do that to Piccolo. Then someone other than Goku and Vegeta simply powering up will actually be used to win and break the formula a bit.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

that all seems likely. given vegeta's new power, there has to be more at play than just that chapter.

16. ChaseTx

I've only got a few episodes of DBS left! And Broly.

Then I guess I'll pick it up in the manga

And start the original series I suppose

Daniel182 likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Broly movie was so good. I wouldn't mind if they went the movie route going forward instead of bringing back the anime, if they're all going to be that level of quality

Daniel182 likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Agreed! A movie of that quality every few years would be a great way to go.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. Yeah I liked the Broly movie even more on the second go. Still am not crazy about the Bardock retcon, but knowing it was coming it consumed less of my mind while watching

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The Broly movie structure of “first half of movie is basically the entire plot, and the second half is one long insane battle” is really the way to go with any anime fighting show. Nothing more annoying that a single fight being derailed 10 times so that the characters can pontificate about their background or whatever else dumb bullshit

21. Daniel182

It bothered me at first too, but it’s helpful to know that this is entirely Akira Toriyama’s vision for Bardock.

The old TV special for Bardock was done by Toei animation.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The Broly film was the best thing in all of dragon ball since the cell saga

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm a sucker for the Janemba movie

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I liked Bojack solely because badass teen Gohan.

Daniel182 likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

What was retconned about Bardock? This was my first exposure to the character