Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I haven’t watched it in years, but for the most part GT felt way more “mature” than Super too. Everything always felt very serious.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Started GT last night and so far it's fun/entertaining

Also I beat Kakarot so if anyone has any questions let me know

Daniel182 likes this.
  4. Daniel182

How long did Kakarot take you? I’m considering playing it.

5. Matt

I took my time with it and clocked about 60 hours after doing all the post-game stuff and getting all of the trophies

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

what's postgame like? any movie/Super/surprise stuff after Buu?

7. Matt

There's a few surprise characters that pop up but I think they are probably saving Super for DLC or a future game

It stays open ended so you can just go around leveling up all your characters if you want

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New chapter was good, but I'm over the Z-fighters beating guys over two panels. It feels like the fights could have been fleshed out more. I feel like I'm spoiled with stuff like OPM where minor characters get a whole chapter to fight rather than 20 fights going on at once.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

New chapter is good. Took long enough for Dragon Ball to have another consistently good saga after the Androids/Cell.

10. Shrek

the Tien/Chiaotzu bit of Tien not being able to insult anyone was v funny. i see a lot of potential in future edits of Chiaotzu's dialogue in those panels lol.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Is there any good way to stream any of the dubbed versions of these shows that's NOT Funimation's app/site? For the life of me, I can't get their site to accept my credit or debit cards so I'm kind of stuck. I have been getting the urge to go back and watch all of Z, but I've also never seen any of the Super dub.

12. Daniel182

Really bummed about this. I had been looking forward to attending for a long time.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Found that I could use a cable log in on the Adult Swim app to stream all of the Super and Kai dubs, so it's been perfect to binge while working from home during this quarantine. This will be the first time I've actually watched the Super dub.

Getting to the part where they're recruiting the fighters for the Tournament of Power. For as many awesome moments that we had, I also still can't help but to feel like they wasted a lot of the characters (aside from Roshi and the androids). Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, Krillin and Frieza were largely wasted considering they did a decent job building up their return.

I still don't fully understand why 90% of the tournament attacked Goku and Vegeta even though it was apparent to everyone that Goku was not at fault for their potential erasure. Jiren, the clear #1 seed of the entire tournament, was left alone to meditate for nearly the entire thing lol. What did they all think would happen if they knocked Goku out?

14. Shrek

strangely enough i havent watched the Super dub either

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The tournament anime was a mess. It is much better in the manga

SpyKi likes this.
  16. I think it was just a revenge thing because they all blamed Goku for inciting the tournament to begin with, and less about improving their odds of winning

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It was, but it made no sense either way since they pretty much explained that the universes were going to get zapped regardless but Goku actually gave them a fighting chance by bringing about the tournament. Haha.

They all seemed pretty irritated, but their collective strategy of letting Jiren just chill in the center to coast to the end didn’t really reflect that they wanted to win at all. So I don’t know, the collective motivation of all of them going after Goku seemed a little weak to me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. Shrek

man i thought the manga's attempt at the tourney fucking sucked

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I liked the manga version. It didn’t drag too long, not every character was as strong as super saiyan blue, and master roshi guiding Goku into ultra instinct was good.

Shrek likes this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Just got to the first episode with Ribrianne and the love universe (U2). Good god. I know those characters are supposed to be a sort of parody, but the novelty wore off really quickly.

Even the joke when 17 halts their exhausting transformation routine (the logical thing to do) is really frustrating lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. Daniel182

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Daniel182 likes this.
  23. Daniel182

I'm pretty excited to see Goku using UI Omen on command. Hopefully he pulls out the mastered form as well.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol another new form

25. Daniel182

Not yet! This was in the Tournament of Power.