Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 32

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Oh no

3. awshitherewegoagain.gif

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

When will they learn that it’s not a good idea to make a 2 hour film based on a show that has 15 hour arcs.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Please not again

6. Daniel182

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Lol

Screenshot_20200120-163533.png

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The manga has been really good this arc. Probably my favorite arc behind the android/cell saga in all of dragon ball

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Anyone else playing Kakarot? I'm still fairly early in the game but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've been playing a couple of hours at a time. I just now got to the Ginyu force.

The game is definitely a good one, but my main complaint is that some of the side missions/sub-stories are pretty meh (just fly back and forth to the points they mark for you and that's about it - not much mystery to it)..... but other than that, the game is tons of fun. It's so deep in the lore that I almost feel like I'm watching the show, playing a game and reading the Wikipedia all at the same time.

11. Matt

It seems like it will be a good game to just play casually.

Also I was truly SHOCKED when all of a sudden King Kai's voice started coming out of my controller. I almost spilled my drink

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm enjoying it but I can see myself getting annoyed with a lot of the side stuff and a lot of the unnecessary tokens etc

I'm also actually kind of struggling beating Raditz while Piccolo is charging up lol

13. Matt

I did too until I realized you need to use the healing item you're given before the fight, then it's a lot easier

The game definitely opens up more once you get past the first saga

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like the first saga at least is kind of a poor mix of the world being open for exploration but also not REALLY having much to do or discover.

I feel like they shouldn't have put the markers around all of the places you're supposed to go and just let you discover them naturally by exploring the world. It's not really interesting to have a quest that tells you "Go get ___ and bring it back" if there's 0 difficulty in actually finding the people or the item you're looking for lol. It's kind of a waste of the open world if they just hold your hand through the missions.

That said, I'm having a lot more fun now that I'm past the Saiyan saga. I do think the game is a little too repetitive and tedious though, but it will still be really enjoyable to play through bits at a time.

15. How are the controls? I remember playing Xenoverse 2 and thinking it was way more complicated than it needed to be. But I could also just be like, bad at video games. Hahah

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Way more simplified than that in my opinion

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Definitely simplified but for the better. Since you really only have like 6 playable characters, they made the enemies more complicated and put the focus on you trying to escape their attacks. It's pretty fun and plays somewhat different than a normal DB fighting game.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I haven't read it yet but this sounds crazy to me, haha.

19. Matt

Two years later and we just finished the final episode of DBZ. What a journey.

Should I watch GT?

20. Daniel182

Yes, but watch OG DB first if you haven’t already.

21. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the first saga of GT sucks shit, bad attempt at recapturing OG Dragon Ball feel. rest of it isnt nearly as bad as general consensus will have you believe. it's not the best but it's fun, short, and ends strong. there are good ideas in there.

Matt likes this.
  22. Matt

We started we Dragon Ball and watched all the way through to the end of DBZ.

it’s strange that nothing in our watch through seemed familiar to what I watched as a kid

23. Daniel182

GT is definitely worth a watch then! 64 episodes is a much smaller commitment too.

Matt likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

GT is alright. It won’t take long to watch in its entirely since it’s only 64 episodes.

Matt likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not sure how familiar you are with the rest of the series (sorry if this is obvious) but the newer Dragon Ball Super is the canon continuation of DBZ and is pretty awesome (and the manga is still happening). It retcons most of GT so if you watch GT first, keep in mind that its sort of a what-if timeline.

Although I do agree with some of the complaints about GT, it is pretty cool that it debuted right after DBZ originally ended. So it puts you right back in that feeling.