Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Raditz

SSJ

I think this show/manga is good except for when Toriyama got mad at me and wrote me off instead of saying what really happened. None of the arcs play out accurately with my absence.

Daniel182 likes this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

wow

it's an honor, sir

Raditz likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Mr Raditz good sir let me be the first to say that it’s epic to meet you in the flesh

Raditz likes this.
  4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you guys are real chorus privileged ive been sick of raditz for like a year

5. Raditz

SSJ

Yes, I imagine so. Meeting a Saiyan is a privilege for any human.

Quiet, Ogre!

[​IMG]

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Started reading Super. Some pretty bad editing in this thing.

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Just finished Season 7 of my watch through. Was not expecting the tournament to turn out the way it did. The first mention of Babidi and Buu!!!

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, this latest Super arc is just not doing it for me.

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Whaaaat?! I think this is some of the most interesting stuff in Super.

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Just finished the Super Dub. Was able to stay spoiler free the whole time. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Would never have guessed that ending.

Daniel182 and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed as well. Can't believe how fast time went by as I actually watched the dub weekly since it aired lol

Excited to rewatch Broly with a little more context now

13. Morrissey

Trusted

Does Toriyama just not like Buu? It seems weird how he has been sidelined.

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I interpreted keeping Buu out of the tournament as more of an excuse to squeeze in the weaker z fighters like Krillin and Roshi

loudasallgetout likes this.
  15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The show that replaced Dragon Ball Super in Japan is starting its final season/arc. A lot of people are speculating that a sequel to Super will take its place.

Daniel182 likes this.
  16. Daniel182

I really hope so! A two year break and potential new art style would do wonders for the series.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think they should take more time to flesh out where the story is going in the manga. Give it another year or so. I don't want more DB filler.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think this was the main part of it. But also, Buu has tons of tricks and maneuvers that would kind of "break" a lot of the tension for the tourney. They couldn't have him turning every person in the tourney into chocolate and then tossing them off the edge lol.

I agree, but I also think that's just inevitably going to happen regardless. Super's timeline was independent of the manga and even had the Frieza and Broly movies added to it, but we still had plenty of filler.

19. Shrek

i just pray to all that is good that they dont retell the Broly movie over 20 episodes

20. Shrek

also Super has the best filler of the series

21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know how they keep the secondary characters relevant if and when a new saga comes out. Even the Piccolos and Gohans are going to be like Yamcha in terms of power now.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The ToP was fun, but not utilizing the secondary characters more was still where I felt they dropped the ball a little.

I know it's the Goku and Vegeta show, but most of the team (save for the androids and I guess Roshi) either got eliminated in their first fight or they walked around/hid for the majority of the tournament. That was the perfect chance to have some of the characters who have been left behind finally fight other people at a similar or lower level....instead, they made every team's strategy to gang up on Goku for some reason lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Wouldn't turning them into chocolate kill them? That would have broken the rules

24. Daniel182

Not necessarily. Boo turned Vegetto into candy and was able to turn him back to normal. I think actually eating the chocolate is what kills them.

Mrk_Brdshw and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, it just seems to be magic of some sort (so...little-to-no logic required). Pretty sure he can just use the same magic to turn them back. They also could have done a bunch of tricks like keeping one tiny piece of Buu in bounds so that if he gets knocked out of the ring, he could just regenerate from that point and stay in the tourney.

There are just too many weird techniques he has that would require the writers to work around them... Buu being unreliable and falling asleep is the simplest solution to that problem. haha.

Daniel182 likes this.