Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I agree, it's tough. Every time you read a chapter, you feel like it's just getting to the good part and then BAM! It ends on a cliffhanger.

Shrek likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

#manga

Shrek likes this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I really hope we do end up getting an anime adaptation of the Moro arc. At this point, the rumors of the July return of the Super anime seem unlikely, but I'm still holding out hope for later in the year.

Shrek likes this.
  4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It seemed to be confirmed that it had been in production a while ago, but those same people also seemed confident we would get an announcement by the end of April so who knows.... It just seems odd that they haven't acknowledged Super again if it really is returning soon. I can't wait until it comes back either way.

Shrek likes this.
  5. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I recently started watching Dragon Ball for the first time and wow it’s so good. Still not used to how often you see Goku naked though

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Dragon Ball is so much fun. I may prefer it over DBZ...

PatRFinley likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't think I could ever read manga weekly. Or honestly keep up with it in volumes either

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think they are finally making it more accessible and easier to follow. For YEARS I was waiting on people to scan and translate Naruto, Bleach, etc weekly to make sure I was on top of things. It looks like SJ is finally on board with doing it themselves through an app. Definitely appreciate that over waiting or going the illegal route.

Daniel182 likes this.
  9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

DBZ kinda ruined any chance of me going back and enjoying DB for me just because the stakes are so low compared to what I know is bound to come. But that’s ultimately more a fault of DBZ - that “world-ending monster threats” honesty probably should have been an entirely different series instead of a sequel to “a group of outcasts travel the world searching for magic wish-granting balls” lol

PatRFinley likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I never stuck with a manga for more than a few volumes. I find it harder to follow and less entertaining than just watching the anime

Then again I've never stuck with American comics very long either

I am slowly reading Jaco the Galactic Patrolman though

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Daniel182

I feel like this only really describes the very first arc of DB! There are some great stakes in the Red Ribbon Army and Piccolo Daimao arcs.

Jesse West likes this.
  12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dragon Ball is a lot of fun (though I will admit some of it drags a little bit). Watching Goku's progression and seeing him constantly making new friends makes for a fun watch, but it does get more serious when there are legitimate threats to the world. I think you're right though - they moved on from "Oh man, if this guy gets a hold of the Dragon Balls, we're doomed!" to "Ah shit, this guy can blow up planets with the flick of a wrist... "

PatRFinley likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Dragon Ball is my favorite of the series. It’s campy, the humor isn’t totally off and it has a lot of focus on the World Martial Arts Tournament.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A lot of new revelations regarding Buu in the new chapter. Kid Buu had God Ki in him the entire time, probably why Goku still wants Uub to be trained at the end of Z

16. Daniel182

I'm happy that they explained the plot hole from the last chapter with the Grand Elder dying but the dragon balls still being active. He transferred ownership to Esca.

A bit confused when Esca said that Namekians cannot split--only assimilate. I am pretty sure Kami and Piccolo are an example of a Namekian splitting.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I'm finally out of the Cell Saga and the vibe of the show just changed completely! The adventures of Gohan in high school! The Great Saiyaman! After the endless Cell battle this is so refreshing lol

smowashere and Daniel182 like this.
  18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

manga is so good right now. Toriyama and Toyotaro are the kings of late game asspulls to justify plot development and i mean that sincerely

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I bet the anime will be half that

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

FighterZ is $25 on Amazon if you don't already have it.

Daniel182 likes this.
  21. Shrek

this month's chapter was a real disappointment until the last few pages. Toyataro is doing Vegeta so much justice.

22. Shrek

also the fact that there are more characters of whatever race Buu is came outta nowhere

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I liked the new chapter. This arc has felt more like DBZ than any of the others.

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. Shrek

i thought the third wish was real underwhelming and just added a bunch of filler enemies, i liked Moro being a singular central threat. but i agree this arc is a return to form for sure

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like the 3rd wish because now other characters can finally join the fight with so many villains.