Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watched the most recent episode. I'm glad they gave us the Vegeta that I grew up loving.

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Is it really good enough to be worth watching again? I just can't get over how fan-fic-y it feels. When Future Trunks, the character I thought was the fucking coolest character growing up, finally returns and I'm not excited, something is wrong.

3. Morrissey

Trusted

Do the humans do anything?

4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Unfortunately the whole supporting cast is pretty useless in this series, but what makes up for it is that this whole show really focuses on the Goku and Vegeta relationship. In DBZ, they expanded on their rivalry throughout the show's progression, but this time around they are straight up training and fighting side-by-side all the time. Then you throw them into the realm of the gods and it makes it that much better.

5. I need to catch up on this. I got til the Frieza saga and got bored but the Future Trunks stuff and Black Goku has me intrigued. Same with Vegeta being a central part.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This current arc with Future Trunks is by far the peak of the show. There is a ton of mystery to it too if you can avoid spoilers which makes for a fun time.

Daniel182 likes this.
  7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This saga has been pretty damn cool, but man does it feel like they are spinning their wheels now. In my opinion, they could have cut out that part where they traveled to the future the second time altogether.

I hate it when this show drags things out for too long because it loses significance. The powers of every character are wildly inconsistent, and then they fluctuate whenever a character gets angry or, in Black's case, he just decides that he wants to be stronger than Vegeta.

Besides that, this latest episode was way over the top with bad writing. Goku spends that whole day and night learning the Evil Containment Wave only to leave the urn in the time machine. Then Trunks literally learns the move from seeing a video clip and then thinks about it in the time it takes Zamasu to fly over to him? Get out of here. Then it's topped off by the old "Goku forgot something important back home again" trick.

8. jellyfishfossil

Regular

This.

When Future Trunks was announced to be returning it was the most hyped i've been since SSJ3 Goku vs Fat Buu, but watching DBS just doesn't feel the same. There seems to be good ideas that are just executed poorly. I'm hoping it will feel different when I read through the manga.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Officially picked up by FUNimation for an English dub. Should be interesting.

CoffeeEyes17 and electro haikus like this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

YYEEESSSS

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Finally!!

12. Morrissey

Trusted

Is the dub of the Buu Saga of Dragonball Kai ever going to happen? I never watched all the way through the Z version.

13. Shrek

Voice actor's twitters seem to indicate it was recorded months ago, I imagine they're holding off airing it until they can do it as a hype machine of sorts for Super.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I thought that Buu saga thing happened a long time ago? It must have been one of those things that kept getting pushed back until I stopped paying attention. haha.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not going to post spoilers but the preview die next weeks episode......the hype is fuckin real.

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just saw it. I'm assuming we'll have Vegito for a little bit since it's a permanent fusion

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think so, unless something whacky happens that we can't predict, I think they'll need to go back to the present to undo what they just did...

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

fuckkkkk. Didn't watch the episode, but fastforwarded to the preview. That's awesome.

19. Shrek

The episode was a great one, too.

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Just watched the new episode. Such a good episode to end that arc. Probably among my top episodes in the entire Dragon Ball series.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Crazy last few episodes. That arc could have been a little shorter but man was it good.

I kind of liked how they retconned Vegito being a permanent fusion though I don't know how much sense that made. Like Old Kai must not have known that rule in DBZ.

22. Allpwrtoslaves Nov 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2016)
    Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So I watched the most recent episode, and are ki-weapons going to become a thing now, like Trunk's Spirit Bomb Sword and Zamasu's Ki-Scythe?

I think that might juuuuust be stupid enough to bring me back in to enjoyment levels.

The overall battle was stupid af though. Just seemed to be a back and forth of them taking turns getting stronger out of nowhere.

EDIT: I honestly do hope the weapons become a thing, and that that huge tear in reality thing Zamasu's scythe made is just the beginning of something bigger they don't quite understand yet.

23. Shrek

I mean, Vegeto did use a ki blade in Buu saga, but I'm with you in thinking they're awesome and hoping they stick around.

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I know this whole series has always been pretty ridiculous when it comes to leveling up and learning new moves but this show (and saga specifically) have been off-the-wall stupid even by Dragonball standards lol

Trunks knows every technique in existence, learns the Evil Containment Wave in the three seconds it took Zamasu to fly to him (then nails it first try), somehow halfway learns SSB which is never explained...oh, and he has a magically regenerating sword that is able to cut an immortal God in half with the help of about 50 humans.

Not even mentioning how Black could just all of a sudden (literally) DECIDE he wanted to be stronger and then was suddenly stronger than Vegeta. It was ridiculous after a while how much their power fluctuated. SSB Vegito struggles against Zamasu and then Trunks cuts him in half, for crying out loud.

Still entertaining and an interesting story, but the battles are pretty much just a self parody.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The more I think about it the idea of Ki-weapons just gets cooler and cooler. It would be SUCH a cool way to reinvigorate the show even if it brings in some of the more typical traits of weapon-battle-animes.

Could make the extended cast actually feel useful again. Have the over-powered people like Goku and Vegeta be complete powerhouses with punching things into the dirt but lack the finesse and elegance when it comes to wielding a sword compared to characters like Piccolo or Tien. Give Krillin an energy shield, Yamcha a spear. Eventually Vegeta discovers his ki-weapon is a mace so he can just brutally swing away at people's shields till they shatter.

Hahaha I'm having so much fun with this idea in my head. Totally will never happen.