Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Daniel182 Apr 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2019)
    Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

https://www.funimation.com/dbz30th/

$350

EDIT: This actually seems like a terrible release. It's essentially their poorly "remastered" Blu-ray season sets but in 4:3 rather than the cropped 16:9. Pass.

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ll get it just because it’s the entire show

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I want it so bad but that's a lot of money

I've been making my way through Kai but I only have seasons one and two. So I had to switch to the DVD box set of DBZ today. And there were two episodes between them which I just watched DBZ Abridged to cover lol

And I've started Super

4. ChaseTx

Damn switching from Kai to the original Funimation dub sucks. I put on subtitles to see the real translation and while Yamcha is supposed to be talking to Bulma about Vegeta, the dub has him doing a cat food jingle

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. Daniel182

The dub is terrible haha. I can’t watch it anymore.

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I didn’t think it was too bad.......when I was 9.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Also I just saw the Reddit thread regarding this box set. Looks like it’s in the original aspect ratio (although it’s still a little cropped for whatever reason) but they apparently did a terrible job remastering it if the trailer is a correct depiction. It’s like they tried too hard to remove the grain and ended up making everything smeared together and overly saturated.

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

I just need a good bluray box set of Kai. I might trade in all my orange boxes and put that toward buying Kai blurays

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the Moro arc in the manga has been so good. best stuff of the series by a long shot imo. if Vegeta's atonement was act two of his redemption story this feels like act three.

Daniel182 likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Exciting. Guess I need to catch up!

11. Shrek

the story really could go either way still i guess because it only really just picked up, but the last chapter was just so good and Moro is a badass

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I love this arc because it feels almost a little hopeless like certain parts of Z did. I guess the one knock I have with Super is that a lot of times it just doesn't feel like the stakes are real. Even though we know Goku and Vegeta will be fine after this arc, the fact that they can't just power up and win makes things way more interesting.

trevorshmevor and Shrek like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The manga has also been confirmed as the canonical sequel to dragon ball, opposed to the anime.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That's good to know I guess, although I stopped caring about what's "canon" forever ago lol knowing what's technically canon is basically only useful when getting into arguments on the internet.

15. Shrek

the anime ToP slapped the face off of the manga version imo so i'm subbing that in for my headcanon

16. Idk I definitely felt like the Zamasu/Goku Black arc of Super gave me that sense of hopelessness. It was kind of a problem though because they definitely wrote themselves into a corner

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I guess I mean that in Z, it took a while before the power scaling was broken. For the first 2/3 of the show, the enemy was just too powerful so it felt hopeless until they reached a new level (Buu was mainly just a tough enemy to deal with for how weird he was, everyone got absorbed right when they thought they had won, etc.)

The power scaling in the Goku Black arc was just a little weird, so it never gave me the same feeling. Black would just kind of decide that he was going to be stronger and then he was lol then, like you said, they were kind of written into a corner because they just kept multiplying everyone's strengths until it was hard to follow and just kind of ended it with the magic Zeno button.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. Daniel182

I'm not sure I have ever seen this officially stated. Do you have a source?

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This one taken from a poster promoting the manga and says it is serialized in V-Jump. It was taken at comic-con 2018 so it’s a bit old but it’s just now going around.
    [​IMG]

20. Daniel182

Interesting. I didn’t expect this since the manga is largely Toyotaro’s work. Thank you for posting!

oakhurst likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

I'm getting through the last few sessions of DBZ for the first time. Most of the Great Saiyaman stuff was rough, but the World Tournament is really fun so far

Shrek and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. ChaseTx

I always thought Mr Satan looked like Eli Wallach in The Good The Bad and The Ugly

23. Shrek

waiting a month for these manga chapters sucks. I was real excited for this one but it was largely set-up and now theres another month to wait.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

This arc has been the best one since DBZ

Shrek likes this.
  25. Shrek

i agree i just want more of it faster. Super is for me and for many the first time we are reading Dragon Ball as its released and it's tough to adjust to lol.