Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

He's grown into the costume so much since he got it :verysad:

Contender likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Someone datamined the Dragon ball super: Broly DLC pack for xenoverse 2 and Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta was in it.

Mrk_Brdshw and Jesse West like this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I half hope that’s a real movie spoiler and half hope it’s just a game-specific fan fic. Haha.

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

oakhurst likes this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm stoked that the English dub is coming out so soon after the movie's initial release. Seeing Battle of Gods and Resurrection F in theaters was something I never thought I'd get to do.

Fun fact: the voice actor that plays Paragus also played Perfect Cell. I met him at a signing at a mall one time when I was 10. Really cool guy.

Shrek and Daniel182 like this.
  6. Daniel182

I’m also happy to see Vic is back to play Broly again.

7. stevie boi

sadness

I’m not that big of an db fan

Just aot ;)

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Raditz likes this.
  9. Raditz

SSJ

You fool! Why am I not surprised from a low level earthling! Quit being a Yamcha, Train a bit, and get on board with DB!

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

:crylaugh:

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Super manga is blowing the ToP, just not enough panel time for this many characters

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wondered how that would look in manga form with that many people. Even in the anime, I thought with 80 characters it would be more of a free-for-all and more chaotic. No need for every character to get significant screen time, but even going that route, it was strange to have every single character attack Goku and Vegeta, one after another, while they let Jiren meditate until the very end lol.

Universe 7 had 53 eliminations out of 80 people (well, 70 possible opponents they could have eliminated). You gotta think they could have trimmed the fat a little by having some of those bozos eliminate each other.

Shrek and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like the manga version of ToP. In the anime it went on for too long and every character was the strength of super saiyan blue which isn’t the case in the manga.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Shrek

i feel like it would’ve been considerably worse if those characters weren’t up to SSB strength and just got steamrolled, there would be absolutely zero tension until the inevitable endgame with Goku v. Jiren, i would have hated that. these are supposed to be the strongest fighters in their respective universes after all, no reason they need to all be scrubs.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Shrek

i still hate how weak Trio de Dangers were, loved their designs and would’ve loved them being really aggressive out-for-blood types

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

dude. these things are the Lycanroc forms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Main dude is just the shiny form.

[​IMG]

Shrek likes this.
  17. Shrek

i like those too HENRY i like DOGS and WOOFS HENRY

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think your caps lock is broken

Shrek likes this.
  19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like they were trying to go back to their roots a little more in Super, in general. The power scaling is non-existent (for better or for worse) which is how it used to be in Dragon Ball.

On one hand, the fights are cool because it's more about technique and strategy, but on the other, each character's strengths are just a blur which is totally the opposite of DBZ. Sometimes Gohan and Piccolo are leagues behind 17 and Frieza again, and other times Trunks is on par or stronger than SSB. Feels like they just make it up as they go.

As I said earlier, I think my gripe is how all of the characters targeted Goku. They made it very clear that Zeno would erase them (even though he was lying), so the tournament gave them a chance to fight for survival. Still, they lined up one-by-one to attack him.

20. Shrek

perfectly said tbh. it really is preference, but i love the soft reset of power scaling. when Krillin was fending off SSB kamehamehas reddit was having a shit fit but it’s so much better than having to shape the world around a power level that leaves everyone else in the dust. ToP removing flying and putting a focus on technique was fantastic.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

To be honest, I really liked it too, but I still thought they should have utilized everyone else a little more. The washing away of power levels was a good chance to give the other characters a time to shine....which they did on a handful of occasions, but they still managed to push Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks in the background.

I heard an argument that the reason they didn't get more of a spotlight was because those characters don't really sell toys anymore, but people absolutely LOVE 17 now and he's more popular than he's ever been. So I don't really get it.

Shrek likes this.
  22. Shrek

Goten and Trunks are absolutely baffling to me. Gohan’s taking a backseat sucked, but there were at least long-established character traits to support his stepping away from fighting. Goten and Trunks however were both prodigies that thought their dads were the coolest guys on earth and wanted to be just like them. yet they do nothing and less, and have aged backwards. a teen Goten and Trunks combo would do batshit good business, idk what they’re thinking

23. Daniel182

Looks great.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm on the fence. A lot of this stuff was fine as it was. It feels like maybe there wasn't enough story for Broly, so half of this is a prequel?

25. Shrek

this looks amazing, the art style is droolworthy
    if you’re referring to Broly’s past origin story of his life being haunted by Goku’s cries, what fucking planet are you from Henry

if you’re talking about Toriyama doubling down on Bardock’s Minus lore, i can agree with that

Daniel182 likes this.