Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, trying to nail down what is "canon" with this series is a lost cause. haha. I think that's why I always liked the movies so much because you can just make up your own mind about how it's actually happening.

Golden Cooler was pretty cool although I don't know why I was expecting his previous form to be golden instead of his fifth form. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm honestly surprised that The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans is the only anime where Cooler and Frieza appear together.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Base versions of Goku and Vegeta being added to DBFZ.
    Kefla in Xenoverse 2.
    Paragus and Broly designs.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Trailer expected tomorrow as well

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Of course no explantation of where tf a bunch of Cell Jrs came from but whatever.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That looks fuckin awesome. I wasnt sold on the animation style at first but now I love how they deliberately made it look like it was done in the 90s.

Not sure if the plot has been revealed at all but I’m curious why Broly seems to be involved with the Frieza force. I wouldn’t doubt if Frieza discovers them when he’s out scouting for new soldiers. Either way, I actually kind of enjoy Frieza being in this anti-hero position.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

DBFZ had more entrants than any other game at EVO

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm surprised Melee is still there. Melee players need to learn to move on.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I need to play DBFZ again. I haven't had time to play since the DLC came out, but I've checked out some forums on it. Definitely feel like I'm way out of the loop because those people practically talk in code. I understand absolutely none of the memes either.

Edit: And speaking of being out of the loop, I laughed when I realized that the people out there who only watch the English dub of Super are going to be confused and spoiled when the Broly movie is released in the US and the ToP is over and Frieza is alive. I don't think the ToP will even start for a while in America.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Is there a date when the base form Goku and Vegeta are added as DLC to DBFZ?

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’m only watching the English dub. I’ll have to wait a few years for the movie.

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The tournament saga should be done in America next Fall. Honestly you could read the English manga and be caught up before Broly comes out. The English manga is in the tournament arc right now

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah that’s true. I mean I know it’s fun to keep up with the dub but you could always binge the ToP subtitled version before the movie if you really wanted to. It’s all free on Crunchyroll.

14. Anyone have a recommended site to watch a Super sub on? Cancelling my cable at the end of the month so I’m giving up on watching the dub week to week — just wanna power through the rest of the series now

Edit: lmao wow, great timing @Mrk_Brdshw

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Hahaha not bad!

But yeah, I'm sure there are tons of other sites to watch the sub on, but Crunchyroll is the official one (just has a lot of dumb ads) and it's really easy to use their app if you're watching on mobile.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Adblock works with Crunchyroll which is a blessing

17. trevorshmevor Jul 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2018)
    Started watching the subbed version from where at was at in the dub. The voices actually aren’t as bad as I remembered, but Goku’s definitely still feels super out of place.

18. Okay yeah, definitely think this series got significantly better once the power tournament started, and I even liked it to begin with. Just finished the episode where
    Goku brats Kefla. That ruled.

Gotta lol at the writers arbitrarily choosing 48 minutes as the time constraint though, lol. I know DB is infamous for stretching lengths of time, but some of the events occurring here that supposedly happen in a matter of a minute or two, it’s like.... why wouldn’t they just choose a reasonable amount of time?

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jesse West and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. Just finished the series, that was awesome. Seeing Goku and Freiza fight side by side like that (seriously, Goku throwing him dropped my jaw) was so worth the unnecessary power surges towards the end. 17’s performance was amazing too, didn’t expect to love him as much as I do now. They really left a LOT of doors open for future stories, between a new Freiza arc, a new Jiren arc, a Sadala arc, and not to mention the other 4 universes that Zeno didn’t even have compete in the ToP because they were so much stronger.

Lastly, it seems like the popular opinion here is to say fuck Jiren, but like... fuck Toppo. Fuuuuuuck Toppo. What a self-inflated douchebag! Hope we don’t see him again for a very long time.

Jesse West likes this.
  21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Now that you're done, watch this. This almost brought a tear to my eye just thinking about how many people are still so stoked for this show that they almost treat it like a real thing lol

trevorshmevor and Daniel182 like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The time between Heroes episodes is crazy. Next one isn't until Sept 1.

23. Holy hell this is amazing lol. That looks like a borderline religious experience

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha sometimes I get sentimental about stuff like that because I step back and think of how shocking this would have been to me as a 10-year-old. That almost 20 years later, this show would still be absolutely booming in popularity to the point where they had public viewings like this. Not to mention, I never would have guessed that a crowd full of people in Mexico would ever be cheering "Frieza! Frieza!" for literally any reason.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator