Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I imagine Broly is the Universe 7 equivalent to Kale, just much stronger.

2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So are there Universe 6 equivalents to Goku and Vegeta? As well as Cabba of Universe 7?

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think Caulifla and Cabba are the U6 equivalents of Goku and Vegeta, respectively. They are just very, very loose versions. I think Frost/Frieza gave people a false sense that there are supposed to be mirrors or copies between universes.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ve seen theories that suggest Caulifla is the Universe 6 equivalent to Goku, just gender swapped. Frost and Frieza equivalents so we know they can exist.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t they already confirm the saiyan in this film was also the first Super Saiyan God? So Broly will be a legendary super saiyan god?

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It sounded like when they first announced it that it would deal more with the origin of the Saiyans. So I wouldn't doubt if there were multiple Saiyans featured in this movie (because why not?)

Like I said before, I don't know how they are going to introduce him or what their plan is with his backstory. It will be weird to retcon him even though his trilogy wasn't canon since people are obviously attached to those movies.

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Toriyama posted a statement about the film and Broly

8. Been watching the Super dub week to week and mostly avoiding this thread like the plague, even though I already know a couple of the “spoiler-y” plot points. The two most recent episodes were the Arale & baseball game episodes, hoping next week we start getting into the next arc — the in betweener episodes have not been very good. The Black/Zamasu arc was fun though, despite its blatant ridiculousness towards the end haha.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Love the baseball episode. That’s actually one of my favorites in Super.

10. Yeah I guess I didn’t really hate that one, but I watched it and Arale at the same time so it kinda got lumped together for me. It was definitely nice to see some Yamcha/Puar screen time

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Pretty sure you still have a ways to go to the next arc

12. Dang. Well, I guess at least that’s good to know for waiting’s sake haha

13. Daniel182

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'll try to not look at spoilers before then

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

trevorshmevor, oakhurst and Daniel182 like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  17. Daniel182

I like the new base form Broly design much better than the original.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Still seems weird that we are even getting a Broly movie at all. From Toriyama's interview, it sounds like someone approached him with the idea and he was like "Broly? Yeah, I think I've heard of him before."

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

lol “I think I’ll call it...Golden Cooler!”

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  21. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lost it at that part too haha. Also, that Cooler is just like, “oh, there’s a form beyond this one? Boom got it.”

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

And wait, is this supposed to be “canon”, in that Goku and Vegeta are the ones from Super ripped out of that timeline to this one, or is the entire thing just non-canon, because Vegeta recognizes Cooler, which why does he recognize the non-canon character lol.

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol tbh it’s only a little more ridiculous than the Frieza, since apparently “Golden Frieza is the result of him purposefully training for the first time in his life” lmao

RyanPm40 and Adrian Villagomez like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think if you were to ask the creative team, they'd just go, "uh huh"

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

There was a bonus manga chapter for Dragon Ball Super in the volume that just released in Japan. Goten and Trunks are watching the island #17 was on and they fight a group of Cell Jrs that #17 had there to train with. The funny thing is that it’s now canon. That explains why #17 got a strength boost.