Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Wouldn't mind if this movie is the end of Super since it's branded that way, but then a new series picks up where it left off. Or even after a time jump of some kind.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This video is pretty good about explaining a lot of that stuff. Actually, all of this guys videos are pretty darn great. I've been filling in a lot of DB knowledge lately via his channel.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That one is pretty great! For the reasons stated at the beginning of the video, I always felt like DB returning was inevitable, but AF having a direct tie-in with Super and introducing the world to Toyotaro is pretty amazing.

I always figured those rumors were never deliberate hoaxes but it was always perpetuated by people who didn't care to find evidence. Before Facebook and message board rumors, it was always a cousin who heard from their neighbor whose uncle's best friend's brother visited Japan and saw it in a magazine that swore AF was real.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ended exactly how you would expect. lol

Not sure where they could really take the story from here. Definitely a logical ending point.

5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

My girl and I cried.
    SPOILERS:

Flickering in and out of super sayian until that shot with frieza and goku together made my eyes almost pop out of my skull.

And goku throwing frieza

And 17's wish.

And that shot of goku and Vegeta in the wastelands mirroring thier first fight.

And that final shot of goku and Vegeta face to face.

I need corrective surgery to put my eyes back in my head.

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Consensus (before this episode aired) was that if they made a wish to revive all of the erased universes, they could make it open ended enough so that they accidentally wished back ALL of the universes....including the ones they casually mentioned Zeno had erased a long time ago. I could definitely see them keeping that story handy.

Episode itself was amazing, as predictable as it was. That fight (and its animation) was some of the best of the entire series.

Jesse West likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought the back to back Goku/Frieza thing was so fucking cool and full circle.

trevorshmevor and Shrek like this.
  8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Okay after watching it and hearing that last little bit of narration, ending Super kind of makes sense.

Now what should really happen is that there should be a time jump akin to the jump from Cell Saga to Buu Saga. It would make sense that there’s not a new threat for along while in-universe. Let Freiza rebuild and power up. Age up Trunks and Goten so they don’t get shafted like with Super. And I might be in the minority with this, but I’d be okay with the time jump skipping to around the same time as GT. I liked Pan, plus you get Trunks at the fan favorite age. Just don’t fuck it up this time.

Daniel182 likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The final shot of Goku and Vegeta in the same stance they were in the first time they fought was cool

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

so, when a new series picks up, we are all but guaranteed a new Frieza Arc. as cool as the shot of him addressing his minions was... how do they do this? how do they make it at all interesting? spitballing ideas:
    • a shift back to a more TV-14 tone
    • a wish from Frieza that changes the playing field
    • a larger threat killing Frieza off as a red herring
    • or, the most likely, they just do another 50 episodes of screaming, dick-slinging, and someone dying (prob not Krillin but something identical) and we get SSJ Ultra Instinct or some garbage

loudasallgetout likes this.
  12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

61 episodes into the Super dub and I just realized the theme song is actually in English.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Finally going through the Super manga and I'm almost through the Black Goku arc. I like this so much more than the anime.

Daniel182 and justin. like this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

imo, the Dragon Ball/DBZ manga is better than the anime. I was able to read all of it in a week. That definitely wouldn’t happen with the anime.

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. Shrek

the Super manga definitely does some things worse. i think the manga and anime are about equal in merit (post-RoF, that is) whereas Dragon Ball through Z are way better in manga form.

16. SpyKi

What do you think the anime does better? I've only gone through the black arc and just gone through the part where all the Gods of Destruction fight each other and I think everything is better.

17. Shrek

i thought Trunks being some weird healer with no real explanation was off, and the fight between Merged Zamasu/Vegito was less than stellar (more a limitation of the medium, i suppose).

generally, i think the material that is exclusive to the manga is better than most anything in the anime, but the stuff that is present in both plays better on screen

re: the healing powers, i know it's because of the Kaioshin trial, but him magically doing it without "knowing he learned it" was a little weak

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man, I think the Black/Zamasu arc was just shaky in general (both forms). I loved the mystery of it and Zamasu was an amazing villain, but once they actually got into the fighting part of it, it seemed like they had to keep pulling things out of their asses just to get the story to work.

trevorshmevor and Shrek like this.
  19. Shrek

I don't disagree there. I do like a lot about it, though: it's the only arc yet that had any real stakes, Fused Zamasu's design as he deteriorated was awesome, and Schemmel's voiceover work over the last couple of eps has been some of his best

20. SpyKi

Ahh, the use of Trunks is one of the main things I thought was done way better in the manga. I hated some of the stuff in the anime like when he powers up to pretty much Goku/Vegeta levels for some reason just because he got mad or the dumb spirit bomb sword. I thought the healing stuff made way more sense.

I think all the fights and stuff come across way better in the manga just because the art is so much better.

Shrek likes this.
  21. oakhurst May 8, 2018
    (Last edited: May 8, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like that the manga ignores weird one-off transformations that were in the anime (Super Saiyan Rage?). The manga always manages to ignore more plot holes where as the goku black anime saga was filled with many.

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Those are some of the things I was thinking. Can't forget where we got a whole episode of Goku learning the Evil Containment Wave, just for him to never use it and instead have Trunks successfully learn it by watching an iPhone clip of Piccolo (in the time it took Zamasu to fly 50 ft). I know things like that happened in Dragon Ball but it was kind of forgivable because the tone was so much different. I think it speaks to how hard the arc was to write considering they decided to end it with Trunks and Mai living in a timeline where they already existed.

SpyKi likes this.
  23. Shrek

i am just starting Shameless and am dying over the fact both Goku and Bulma from that fucking deplorable live action Dragon Ball movie are leads in this. like, what are the odds?

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hated Chatwin on that show so much and I'm not sure how much of it was because of DB. I've loved Emmy since she was on the Disney Channel, so that didn't play into it with her.

Shrek likes this.
  25. devenstonow

Noobie

Watching through Super now; just at the beginning of Future Trunks saga(normal Zamasu just showed up for the first time)...

My roommates and I can't really grasp the timeline. Why is Future Trunks, in this instance, still a part of the timeline where History of Trunks happened? (ie. Gohan training him). Shouldn't this Future Trunks be different after the events of the Cell saga? I know it's kinda explained in Z; it's been awhile since I've watched it. I guess what we can't understand is what Future Trunks stands to gain in this scenario. His world will still be in ruins, no?