Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I thought DBZ was the perfect mix of serious and humour. Dragonball is fine the way it is because Goku's a kid and the stakes are generally not very high. Going back to that kind of thing after Z just feels stupid to me, especially since I don't think it's very funny and just comes off as annoying most of the time.

Chase Tremaine and DesolateEarth like this.
  2. GameOfThrones

Regular

So I haven't kept up with Super or any anime really. Today I decided to google Super to see what's been up and I see titles like "The Most Recent Dragon Ball Super Episode Is Oh My Goodness" and "Goku Goes Evil In New 'Dragon Ball Super' Future Trunks Story Arc"

I'm a bit excited and a lot pissed. I mean, now I'm hoping to binge, but if the awesomeness just started now then I have nothing to binge on:redanger:

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

As anyone been keeping up with Super? The last couple episodes with Future Trunks have been really good.

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I was initially very excited for Future Trunks again but so far it just comes off as super bad fan fiction.

5. SpyKi

I'm catching up because I want to watch the Future Trunks arc and I thought the tournament was solid enough despite feeling like dumb fan fiction and still being poorly animated but I think I've enjoyed the two episodes after it way more tha most of that arc. For some reason they've been way better animated too, maybe because there's not as much going on? Idk. Honestly seeing Goku playing with Pan on the roof of Gohan's house is my favourite part of this show so far, haha.

Also because I've been binging this I went and watched some of the Goku vs Ginyu Force stuff on YouTube and I forgot how much I loved that, made Super seem even worse in comparison.

Overall though I'm still enjoying it if only to see these characters again, I just want so much more out of it.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A new super saiyan form has been leaked/confirmed (don't look at the spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled obviously)

Super Saiyan Rose is the new form. It's the super saiyan God version for Goku Black and has pink hair and aura instead of blue.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just saw the art. Interesting, I guess?

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Any word on when this will finally start to air in the US?

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's supposed to be this year.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Hoping so. Last article I saw was saying July/August, haha and we are coming up to the halfway point in August and no updates.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

Is this new series as dumb as it sounds? Is it better than the Buu arc?

12. SpyKi

it's dumber than it sounds and so far all of it's worse than the Buu arc, ha.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

The above opinion is far from the consensus and I personally think it's pretty extreme.

I love the new series, but it is fan service through and through. If that's not your thing, I'd skip it, but the current arc is super promising.

14. SpyKi

Really? I can't say I've seen many people who think it's very good. Like you said, it's pretty much all fan service and hardly any of it makes sense or is drawn or written well and the current arc is easily the best thing the show's done and it's still not as good as the Buu arc.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yeah, most reactions I've seen range from "eh" to "amazing". To be fair, I can't fathom how Buu saga made any more "sense" than this, it's Dragon Ball logic which is about as elastic as it comes, and the worst animation in this while bad is nothing on the worst animation from any saga in Z. I think most people's dislike for it is less from a downturn in quality and more from getting more of the same after such a long hiatus. Also, while the writing may not be amazing all the way around, I love the dialogue for the most part and most of the additions to the cast of characters are big hits for me. Beerus is my favorite character by a large stretch.

16. SpyKi

I mean the Buu saga was pretty standard Dragon Ball Z really. Super has Frieza coming back again with a gold form, super saiyan blue, different dimensions, planet sized dragon balls and gods of destruction that are ridiculously overpowered but like food a lot so they basically just do whatever the humans want them to do, there's no stakes or danger or any real logic to any of it. The animation in super is legitimately the worst I've ever seen in an anime. It hardly ever even looks decent. I just recently watched up to the Red Ribbon Army in Dragon Ball and some of the Frieza saga and the animation in those shows is so, so much better and more consistent than Super. I honestly despise Beerus and he's easily the worst part of Super for me, haha. I hate pretty much anything to do with his character.

Honestly the reactions I've seen for this show range from "awful" to "watchable", I can't see how anyone can call this show amazing.. It's a fun watch for hardcore Dragon Ball Z fans who want to see these characters again, I feel like anyone who isn't familiar with the old shows would have no reason to bother with this.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

RIP Vegeta

18. DesolateEarth Aug 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 28, 2016)
    DesolateEarth

Birb

Not liking this as much as Z so far. I was never a fan of Beerus and Whis so their prevalence in this series is obnoxious to me. On Top of that, the less serious feel just isn't what I want from a new Dragonball series. Like has been said here before, Z had a great mix of serious and humor.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I followed this series from the beginning and more or less just kept up, but it seemed pretty cheesy for the first few arcs. This Future Trunks arc is as good as DBZ ever was though. I'm actually to the point where I can't wait for the episode each week. The story hasn't seemed like there's any urgency at all even with the God of Destruction being involved, but this new saga has so much urgency and evilness to it. I love it.

electro haikus likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Spoilers/theories about Black got me like

[​IMG]

Davjs likes this.
  21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Love this saga but that multiverse shit hurts my head. :(

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Basically where I'm at with DC comics.

Davjs likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

aaaaaand another new form

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

At least it's Future Trunks. He needs to back in the top of the line when it comes to strength.

25. testtime

Regular

Ok i've enjoyed this arc. The only problem i'm having is Goku has become really, really shallow. I want to see some heartfelt moments. Z had heartfelt moments. When Piccolo saved Gohan from Nappa, when Goku sacrificed himself to try and beat Cell, when Vegeta let go of his jealousy of Goku to beat Buu, when Freeza stood on Goku as he drowned and what went on in Goku's head. The rage, the emotion, it has all been lacking in my opinion. Or maybe it's just me.