Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dragon Ball/Z/Super TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Shrek, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Figured I'd use the new forum to try and get people talking about Super again, for those that have kept up with the subs.

I am personally loving the Universe Tournament, next episode looks like it'll really be something else, and last week was the best Vegeta episode we've had yet. Can only imagine where they go in a few episodes when the tournament is over.

2. kris

nice boy who likes nerdy things

I've heard a lot of good things about Super but I haven't been able to watch it yet.

How does it compare to Battle of Gods & Resurrection 'F'? (Loved both)

3. Shrek

The first 27 episodes are actually a retelling of both Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', back-to-back, with a little filler in there to lay more backstory and give comic relief. Both movies are expanded upon and altered, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. The Resurrection 'F' arc has more characters getting screen time, some of which weren't actually in the original movie( Gotenks & Captain Ginyu!), but overall you really don't need to watch them to jump in at the new saga that starts at episode 28. To be as spoiler-free as possible, the new arc is a new take on the World Tournament with a parallel universe that has it's own Saiyans and Frost Demons, and it has been super awesome/fun.

4. kris

nice boy who likes nerdy things

Oh, I can definitely get into that! Is it available to stream anywhere in the US? Or should I just hunt around for it online?

5. Morrissey

Trusted

How have characters that were gradually pushed aside (Piccolo/Tien/Yamcha) faring in terms of screen time?

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Skipped all the movie recap and tried with some of the new stuff the other day and wasn't into it at all. It just had bad animation and more of Beerus and his fat brother. I hate that I'm not watching this because of how much I loved DBZ when I was younger but I also kind of hate this show. I feel like I need to at least get into this tournament thing before I give up though but I have no motivation to do so.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm ready for an English Dub of Super.

Brenden and electro haikus like this.
  8. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Just finished catching up on this earlier today. Was kinda bummed to find out when I originally started watching that it was going to spend x amount of episodes basically recapping the two movies but it turned out alright. Just glad to finally be moving on to a new storyline.

9. Shrek

kissanime.to is pretty good about hosting them quickly, other than that torrents are the way to go.

10. Shrek

I think the tournament has been awesome, walks a very thin between the lightheartedness of Dragon Ball and the action of Z. Vegeta really gets to shine.

11. evilbutters

Newbie Prestigious

Been wanting to check out Super for a long time along with Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, but have just not gotten around to it yet. I've heard that Super has a ton of comedy in it though, which I'm curious about. Some of the humor in DBZ made you cringe for like multiple episodes.

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Holding out for the English sub if it ever happens.

I'm actually watching Dragon Ball for the first time right now. I've seen Z all the way through a couple times but never thought to watch the original. It's just as good.

13. Watched the first 3 episodes of Super with subs. Incredible just how poor the animation is during action sequences. It's just plain unfinished in many frames. Pretty poor return, in my opinion. I'll catch back up when dubs are done.

14. Better, I thought. I love Dragon Ball's energy.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

You're probably right. Less time screaming and starring at each other. ;-p

The humour is so good too. "Bulma! Your balls are gone!"

Jacob Tender likes this.
  16. [​IMG]
    I laugh every time.

17. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I've still never seen the original Dragon Ball

Curious about Super. Will try from episode 28 as I've already seen the two movies

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I guess the next arc is bringing back future Trunks. Interesting, I guess.

[​IMG]

Richter915 likes this.
  19. Shrek

Yeah, and I am embarassingly hyped about it. Future Trunks was my uncontested favorite when the dub originally aired on Toonami, was always hoping he'd return at some point. The whole Black Goku thing makes this feel like it's bordering on fan-fiction, but hopefully it rules.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Is this worth watching yet? I like Future Trunks.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  21. Shrek

It is definitely worth watching from the tournament onwards. However, if you're going to skip the movie arcs, I'd look up a list of changes before you jump in, as they adjusted enough/retconned enough from the movies that some of the basic facts are a little different.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm ready for them to introduce the next big bad guy. Hopefully Black Goku is not around for long, I want an original villain, not an evil version of a character that has been in the entire series.

23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

But how long for the english dubbbbb

24. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I've enjoyed Super so far. I will say I don't quite like how it has toned down the violence and is way too light-hearted much of the time. DBZ had it's comedic relief too but it's just soooo frequent in Super.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Isn't that kinda the way it was always meant to be? DBZ took itself wayyyyyyy too serious at times. Toriyama wanted to make the newer series akin to DB instead of Z.