Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dr. Dre Threatens Sony Over TV Movie

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ is reporting that Dr. Dre has sent a cease and desist letter to Sony Pictures over their planned release of the TV movie, Surviving Compton:

Sony Pictures is set to release “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” … a film that depicts Dre as a woman beater. We’ve learned Dre’s legal team fired off a cease and desist letter … demanding that Sony back off, if it doesn’t want to end up in court.

withchappedlips likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Bet he wishes he was Executive Producer on this film too right about now.

Zilla likes this.
  3. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Is it wrong of me to think that's pretty fucked up on Dre's part?

Tata Toothy likes this.
  4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Try to prevent someone from bringing to the forefront of a terrible thing he did? I think it's wrong what he did but this is pretty standard. Who wants a trash piece made about them.

Raku likes this.
  5. doubledribble

Regular

Don't want a trash piece made about you? It's simple. Don't do disgusting shit.

6. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Yes, but his argument is that he didn't do it.

"According to the letter, Dre flatly denies ever abusing Michel'le. It makes reference to the fact that they dated around 30 years ago and she never hinted at abuse or any type of violent behavior on his part. They also say she never sought medical treatment or filed a police report. "

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"She never reported my alleged abuse to the police nor did she seek medical treatment so she must be lying, obviously. The fact that I was and remain a famous rapper and producer has nothing to do with her silence."

selfreliable likes this.
  8. Tata Toothy

Regular

This whole story is crazy, we will probably never know the 100% truth and the damage is already done to both sides.

Dr. Dre will have the tag of a women abuser for the rest of his life, even if he's telling the God honest truth and never hit her.

Do I think he hit her? Most likely.
    Do I know for sure? Absolutely not.

9. selfreliable

Regular

Ahh yes, the old "there's no police report so it didnt happen" excuse. At the end of the day, it is a very powerful, very rich man doing everything in his power to discredit a victim of domestic abuse.

10. selfreliable

Regular

He will always have the tag of it not because of her alone, but because of the other women as well that have said the same thing, including a case that the court found him guilty of battery, ordered him to pay a fine and got two years probation for.

Ivan likes this.
  11. doubledribble

Regular

He beat all those other women which he confessed to so I repeat...

If you don't want to be associated with disgusting shit, don't do disgusting shit.

selfreliable likes this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He abused other women for sure.

Don't forget about Dee Barnes

13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Duh. It most probably is bs - especially as he seemingly confessed to it before. But that's his line of defense regardless.

14. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Doesn't mean they'd assumingly be doing a realistic portrayal. Some things could also be exaggerated in the storyline for more dramatic effect. There's other understandable reasons as to why he may oppose it.