Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dowsing - Untitled (Asian Man Records; April 29th, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 7, 2016.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

not sure how i feel about the whole record yet, but "Dissolve" and "I'm Sorry You're Great" are both incredible songs.

2. Jake Z

Regular

I need to listen to this ASAP.

3. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

This record is slaying me

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This album rips. I love it

5. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Yeah I see what everyone was saying now, definitely more of a punk influence. I like it quite a bit so far but not sure it will ever top 'I Don't Even Care Anymore' for me.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

lyrics kill this album for me, it was what kept me from really enjoying i don't even care anymore but it's even more apparent here

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Finally got around to listening to this today. This album rules. I definitely like the more punk direction they're heading in compared to some of their older work.

8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

for some reason I didn't think dowsing was particularly well liked on ap. loved their first two releases.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've never listened to them before but this record is pretty good

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Feel like people adored I Don't Even Care Anymore

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Depending on what aspect of this you like, you should listen to the last one. One of my favorites to come from the scene.

OhTheWater likes this.
  12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Maybe it was It's Still Pretty Terrible that wasn't liked that much?

13. cwhit

I feel like they had their group of small passionate fans, like Matt and company. Generally a small not very cared for band though, sadly

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This band seems like the kind of band that should be huge on here. Not sure why not

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Okay / Untitled is so weird because this sounds like to me what a direct follow up to that first EP would've sounded like. I listen to it less often because of that, even though I like it a lot and enjoy pretty much everything in their discog I've heard. I think this is probably tied for their second best lol

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They were popular in the old twinkle daddies thread (RIP)

cwhit likes this.
  17. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

YO!!

So, Dowsing is coming to my town this month and i wanna go see them because even though i dont know their music super well, we dont get bands from this scene coming through western canada often. i wanna take advantage of it

would someone mind posting in hear like, their top 10 Dowsing songs / a list of songs that will probably be in their setlist? their Setlist.fm is wat out of date

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

If you listened to their albums back to back you're looking at about an hour and a half of listening, which isn't bad.
    My top 10 in no order, tried to group by album.
    Nothing To Give
    No Offense to the Fun
    Get Weird
    Meant to Shred
    Wasted on Hate
    Feeling Better
    Somerset
    Terminals
    Midwest Living
    Amateur Cartography

I expect since a new album just came out, they'll be playing mostly stuff from that, so if you didn't want to listen to the new one for whatever reason, I'm sure their Audiotree Session is probably a good representation of what they'd be playing from the new one

KennedyBN likes this.
  19. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

thanks so much for this post! im watching their audiotree session right now!

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Sure thing! Really lucky you get to see them, their tours are usually pretty regional. Hope you enjoy what you heard from Audiotree, but if not, try their second LP (or my list).

21. cwhit

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the song bangs. this would've been a good split to do before the album, it's closer vocally to the first two LPs and musically closer to Okay. I think the vocals were the complaint I heard the most so this would've been a good bridge.

23. cwhit

24. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

That's awful

I shouldn't be happy to see a band handle a situation like this in a way that should be considered the norm

Nick likes this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

I listened through this band's whole discog today, and this record (plus the Ratboys split) is AWESOME.

The other albums are pretty cool but it was pretty clear they had the tools but lacked the toolbox. Did not like the first EP