Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dowsing - Sky Coffin (September 20, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Album is pretty cool. I liked it but felt a bit short as it seemed to fly by.

Will give a few more listens on the walk to work and hope it grows a bit more.

2. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

May emo never die

I dig this.

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. oh shit that's an 8 minute closer

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Recommendations for a starting place with this band? I typically don't like jumping in with a brand new record from a band I've never heard before

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They only have three other full-lengths so I would start from first to last. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve heard from them.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

their first EP still holds up, that's how I got into them in college

7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

im listening on apple music and idk if this is supposed to sound this way but i couldn't make it past the second song because of that god damn obnoxiously loud snare.

8. Matt

why does this album remind me of Spitalfield

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

its not an emo thread without comments about the snare mixing .

10. matthaber

as someone who doesnt have a huge attachment to any of their material, i think this is easily their best album

11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

i dont really listen to this genre i just listened because i saw the thread and @Anthony_ mentioned them. is it intentional??

matthaber likes this.
  12. i was a big fan of this on first listen and I was working through it. excited to blast it later

13. matthaber

ummm there defiantly is some intentional DIY recordings going on across this album (specifically that 2nd song and the final track) but outside of those two, the mixing sounds like the first track.

also take my word with a grain of salt cause i want my snare hits mixed so high they shatter my ear drums.

14. Mustache_Band

As someone who loved the last one, I think I love this one just as much. Now listening to Okay and Red Legs Kicking is a damn fine song.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Cannot stop listening to this on repeat ughhhh I don't want to wear it out but it's so damn good.

matthaber likes this.
  16. Paused the album I was listening to to put this one on because of this comment. Lol

17. Matt

Oh wow haha well there was like a moment that reminded me of spitalfield but the album as a whole doesn’t really

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is a ripper. the moment I heard that feedback in the first song I got so amped.

Anthony_ likes this.
  19. this is so good! the punk influence has kinda turned into like '90s melodic hardcore emo tinges and I dig it. poppier elements make me think of something else...promise ring? maybe? idk this is good

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  20. I definitely heard it a few times! Like, really early Spitalfield. That little section starting at 1:11 in True Hell is a great example

Matt likes this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

these are my thoughts exactly. I think Erik has a good sense of melody that doesn't translate when he's only doing the shouting thing. this is a lot more balanced for me than the last, super strong record.

weirdly reminded me of old tigers jaw in a lot of places too

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

What a great surprise. I will listen in the morning. I love this band.

23. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

find it interesting that folks like this but don’t particularly enjoy ‘Okay’. they’re very similar imo.

Mustache_Band and Anthony_ like this.
  24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This rules, I love how driving/propulsive it is

Mustache_Band, matthaber and Anthony_ like this.
  25. Mustache_Band

This might well be my aoty! Just so much fun.