Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Downtown Boys Pen Open Letter to Coachella Owner

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Downtown Boys have penned an open letter to the owner of Coachella over anti-LGBTQ donations:

Of course, to participate in this festival at all means playing a capitalist and mainstream music venture, but we can make demands within that framework, and it is totally unacceptable that money from its owners or anyone for that matter ever goes to anti-LGBTQ organizations or any efforts that endorse hate. We need to call this all out, though it can’t end there. We need to work to redistribute the cultural and economic resources so that Coahcella no longer holds so much power. We need to increase public funding for the arts so that musicians are not dependent on people like Anschutz to pay our checks.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

listen to this band, guys!!!!!!!!!

3. skylardarsh

my god that letter was just mind-numbingly stupid

4. Terry

Just don't play it? Is that not obvious? What some rich guy does with his money, no matter the (legal) source, is no ones business.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

lol you guysssssss

6. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

How dare they use this opportunity and their careers as a platform to call out homophobia!

7. Terry

I have zero problem with calling out homophobia, it's the calling it out in ONE GUY that I don't get. If you don't like what he's about, don't play. That seems simple.