Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 563

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I met him in December 2017 when he opened for Jeff Rosenstock and after his set he manned his merch table and I bought his Christmas record, totally cool guy.

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also if anyone knows any of these moments off the top of their head I'd really like to find one right now.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Emma rules. I wish they’d do an episode with her as the guest

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, she's ostensibly a guest every month on the mailbag doubles.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I would love it if the end of every episode was a 5-10 minute wind down session to end the show

TJ Wells likes this.
  6. Great episode, but the Frosty hate is fucking baffling. The only fast food dessert I get every time.

SteveLikesMusic and phaynes12 like this.
  7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It doesn’t seem like they hate it, the usually love it. They seem to be implying that there may have been a recipe change recently?

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

They’re on mookie’s podcast which I just put on. He’s clearly making fun of Pete Holmes right?

riotspray, yeahrightdude and Zilla like this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think a mix of Pete Holmes and Dax Shepard.

yeahrightdude and imthesheriff like this.
  10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think I've reached the funniest quote from the 'Boys. The Hooters episode with Kulap:

[before doing The Leftovers bit and they talk about Justin Theroux's supposedly large hog]
    MITCH: "Oh man - these handsome guys and their large dongs. Why was I created? Am I cancer cell with a soul?"
    WIGER: "I think you were an experiment to see how long a cell could live before putting a gun in it's mouth. The over/under was 40 years."

riotspray, imthesheriff and Zilla like this.
  11. chewbacca110

I am sad to report that the Doughboys have been bought.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Those are two well-groomed boys there.

incognitojones likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

fuck...

14. simonthebutler

Regular

Even after a year of increasingly insane ad reads?

15. chewbacca110

Gummy is yummy.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I gotta say, when I used to trim my pubes, it looked like a pastrami sandwich down there. Now with Manscaped, my pubes are clean, fresh, and just right for the ladies!

Contender and Anthony_ like this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Alex Caruso goes on Doughboys 2021

18. chewbacca110

Starting up Steak N Shake 3 AKA The Blowup Episode.

19. simonthebutler

Regular

Loving your journey

chewbacca110 likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

The Blowup was inevitable. Mitch and Wiger play up their contentious behavior, much to the humor of their fans but they both also seem difficult to work with. Mitch's lateness would drive anyone up a wall but especially anyone that is as much a stickler like Wiger is. That said, Wiger can be a stick in the mud in the moment when Mitch tries to let loose. Mitch knows how to push Wiger's buttons but they definitely needed to have a conversation about what to push and when to pull on both their ends.

I used to do a movie/beer podcast with my girlfriend and I get the stress of doing a show that asks a lot of its hosts. In our case it was watching a horror movie, taking notes, and tracking down and buying a beer to conceptually pair with it. It was all very time consuming but I cannot imagine having to find the time EVERY WEEK to get in a car, drive to a restaurant, take notes, eat the horrible food, going to a studio, and coming up with fresh segments.

Also - the 2016 election did them NO favors for their overall mood. I think most of us can relate.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly think since they went virtual they’ve had maybe their best relationship of the show.

22. imthegrimace

I think Mitch is happier being at home and Wiger is happy he doesn’t ever have to leave his house and be around people.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah when Griffin was on I was quite surprised to hear he can’t wait to go back to in person records but not remotely surprised to hear Wiger would do virtual forever lol

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. imthegrimace

Gabrus rules.

Aaron Mook and Anthony_ like this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

top tier guest

Anthony_ likes this.