Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 545

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I was hoping the Best Of Bug Mane video would be three minutes of complete silence

I Am Mick likes this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Tonight’s meal. Got some extras for the first time... biscuit and their beignets.

Attached Files:

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

the beignets are shockingly good

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They really were. What a treat!

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I understand why guests like Rob Lowe leave right after the review, but Phil is a fan of the show and seems down...curious if it’s his choice/time constraint (in a pandemic?) or the ‘boys are just too uncomfortable having a big name do a dumb game.

but yeah, solid ep. I need to check out Phil’s show

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s more so they all can wind down and be a little more blue. I mean, the show was about the cleanest, most PG-13 episode they’ve ever had until Phil left. Then they had Cyberpunk hog talk.

chewbacca110 and RobbieBerns like this.
  8. simonthebutler

Regular

I assumed it was a guest booked through a publicist (even if he was a fan) and probably only had an hour scheduled in. Scott Aukerman talked on the CBB best of about the nightmare of scheduling guests through a publicist.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Yeah definitely seems like with big guests they're only allotted an hour and I don't think Phil had a clue who they were before going on the show, he's just extremely nice.

Zilla and imthesheriff like this.
  10. Anthony_

I always assumed that, when hashing out the appearance with the guests' representatives, the Boys probably tell the guests' people how long the podcast usually runs and say something like "In the past with bigger/busier guests they will usually stick around through the first hour of the show, review the restaurant, and leave. Would that be preferable?"

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

Yeah Phil definitely did know of them beforehand he’s just the nicest dude ever.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. Anthony_

285FFF14-EBA0-445C-BD3D-A69785DC4A83.jpeg

wow

phaynes12 and imthesheriff like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I remember a brief period where they had Hamburger flavored combos and the one time I had it, it had a pickle aftertaste which I liked

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My girlfriend and I are going vegetarian for the month of March. I MUST try this friggin’ Popeye chicken sandwich before then.

15. Anthony_

Buffalo Blue Cheese Combos are the best, followed by Seven Layer Dip

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

last time I had combos was 5 years ago and I got incredibly sick. Not sure it was from the 'bos but I've been too scared to go back

17. Combos are the greatest road trip snack of all time

It goes Seven Layer Dip, then Pizzaria, then the rest. I once had Salsa ones with corn chip on the outside and I've never been able to find them again, but they were amazing

18. imthegrimace

I was just going to say they’re the best for road trips.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’m a cheddar cracker Combo individual. The rest are too much for me.

20. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

That's hilarious, I was going to come in here to say I didn't think you were allowed to eat Combos unless you were on a road trip.

imthesheriff and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. chris-wrecker

Trusted

im a simple man, pretzel cheddar, every road trip

riotspray likes this.
  22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

haven't listened yet but if mitch says combos are bad I am unsubscribing from the patreon

Aaron Mook, Anthony_ and imthesheriff like this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Combos are bad though. I used to eat them all the time in HS. I had them recently (on a road trip), and they were awful.

phaynes12 and riotspray like this.
  24. imthegrimace

Can we ban him?^

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Anthony_

I still love Combos. I'll grab a bag from Wawa every once in a while to have with my sandwich.

Joe4th likes this.