Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Doughboys Podcast Podcast • Page 487

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

really? I liked him without ever hearing of him before. When I started listening I was imagining he looked like a young Richard Branson but then saw his pic the Doughboys posted and he looks like BJ Novak

Zilla likes this.
  2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Ed rocks. Haven't listened to the episode yet but he's good

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

What does he even do? He’s introduced as a publicist, then they mention an article he wrote. I dunno, not feeling him at all.

the boys are reaching out for new guests, which I appreciate, but I feel a lot of them have been pretty underwhelming.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Haven’t heard the take yet, but i can’t believe how hot it’s gonna be

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah Ed was fine, perfectly serviceable guest

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I know him from Twitter and the go off Kings

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I thought he was solid enough

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

seemed fine to me, but I'm a lot more forgiving than most people here when it comes to subpar Doughboys episodes. I enjoy just about every one

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m not saying it’s a bad episode (I had to pause for a bit, still have 20 mins left). Still one of my favorite podcasts, I just think they’re branching out a bit with guests lately to some meh results.

if I took a shot every time this dude said he was British or he just moved, I would be dead.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

In the end he mentions he has a podcast and he seemed familiar enough with the show to think he was a fan of Doughboys so that’s why I assumed they had him as a guest

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Wiger had a hot take too. Go ahead and shoot ropes in the toilet! He called it disgusting, don’t rope-shoot shame.

12. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

This episode made me miss Bonchon so much. It really is the perfect chain. Ed said something along the lines of it feeling like an occasion. I’ll get Shake Shack and love it every time, but when I get Bonchon it’s like an event.

13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Turns out the Bonchon closest to me is just...gone.

My friend, a Doughboys listener, drove an hour today, his birthday, to try it and the building is empty and the signs have been removed lol. The website and Google/Apple maps say it’s open.

I unfortunately must give it 0 forks now.

Zilla and imthesheriff like this.
  14. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Paused the episode to say I'm about to hear "the take". Pretty excited, I can only imagine it lives up to all the hype.

15. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just heard "the take". Absolutely sizzling. Wow.

16. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Still haven’t heard the take. I’m edging.

Anthony_ and imthesheriff like this.
  17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Never had or even heard of Bon Chon, but it sounds really good and the pictures look bomb. Guess I gotta drive to LA or Costa Mesa.

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i don’t love bonchon tbh

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Came across an old CollegeHumor sketch from 2014 featuring Mitch

21. ...?

Oddpac87 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I can’t wait for Bugworld: Online. Finally something will dethrone World of Warcraft.

23. Damn, I though Ed was great. I knew him from being on Blocked Party. Seems like a very funny guy and I thought the episode was quite good

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It was a good episode

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Not brushing your teeth in the morning is insane to me. ESPECIALLY if you’re going out. Yusong saying he only brushes at night is fucked.

TJ Wells and imthesheriff like this.